Appreciation Best ballads according to a ballad connoisseur (1 Viewer)

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I, Maruberry, LOVE ballads.
I listen to them more than any other type of song
They fit any mood for me

So here are the best ballads in kpop according to yours truly!
I'm keeping this to one song only from a single group or artist, since otherwise I would put Chen's whole discography on here

iKon - Don't forget
This song.... has quite an unique vibe to it. most ballads feel like the climax of sadness. This ballad is like a sequal to the avarage ballad, where the tears have all already been cried out and you are just so tired that you are just numb.



Seventeen - Smile Flower
This is a warm ballad. It has this very loving and a bit nostalgic feel to it. To me it gives the feeling of a mother sitting and watching her child sleep. Just.... thinking about how happy she is and how much she loves her child.



Elkie - I dream
This is like..... the most vanilla ballad you can get and I love it for it, it's so PURE! It gives off really innocent and longing vibes. Nothing much more to say, it is really basic, but executed so well!



Chen - Flower
My favourite song from Chen. The way his voice paints such.... a stunning picture of a flower. This song overall feels like..... you are so downtrodden you don't even dare to hope anymore and THEN this one bright light shines for you, this one flower blooms for you and you get that glimmer of hope again. This song is STUNNING



EXO - Miracles in december
Honestly who hasn't cried once or twice listening to this masterpiece? I can't even really describe it ngl.... it's the purest form of ballad for me. This song is what most ballads strive to be.

 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
maru's taste is really amazing :sj_weary:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread