Best shonen by female mangaka? (POLL) (1 Viewer)

Best shonen by female mangaka

  • Fullmetal Alchemist

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Inuyasha

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • D.Gray-Man

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Kekkaishi

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Black Butler

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Blue Exorcist

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Magi

    Votes: 1 7.7%

  • Total voters
    13

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Shonen animes are animes that are mostly aimed towards teenager boys and often made in male mangakas in turn, but there is several that are made by female mangakas. I personally think shonens that are made by female mangakas tend to have better female characters in turn, though there is always exceptions. What do you think do you like shonens by female mangakas and do you think there is difference?

Fullmetal Alchemist (by Hiromu Arakawa)


Also by her: Arslan Senki

Inuyasha (by Rumiko Takahashi)


Also by her: Ranma 1/2, Rinne

D.Gray-man (by Katsura Hoshino)



Kekkaishi (by Yellow Tanabe)



Black Butler (by Yana Toboso)


She also does BL and yaoi manga under another penname..

Blue Exorcist (by Kazue Katou)


Magi (by Shinobu Ohtaka)



Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle (by CLAMP)


Also by them; xxxholic, Chobits, Angelic Layer etc.
CLAMP is group of women who do pretty much any type of manga from shoujo to seinen.


There is also info on Demon Slayer's mangaka being woman, but apparently wants to stay as gender neutral artist so not putting that in the poll.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
WAIT WAT
MAGI MANGAKA WAS A WOMAN??

NANI???????????????????????????????

I AM SHOCKED
I didn't know either when I started doing poll. I knew about most, but Magi and Blue Exorcist were surprise xd
 
Joined
22 April 2019
Messages
1,118
Reactions Received
2,529
Location
ᶦᵗˢ ᵃ ˢᵉᶜʳᵉᵗ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I love FMA, Inuyasha and Black Butler, but I would choose FMA out of the three. Also a big fan of CLAMP manga. Have not watch Magi yet because have a bunch of anime to catch up on, but will eventually.

Also add me to the tag list .
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I'll be biased and just vote for my favorite one, Kekkaishi, even though it's not the most popular one nor from the queen of shonens (Rumiko Takahashi xd).
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I love FMA, Inuyasha and Black Butler, but I would choose FMA out of the three. Also a big fan of CLAMP manga. Have not watch Magi yet because have a bunch of anime to catch up on, but will eventually.

Also add me to the tag list .
I'd say that FMA is the popular and most knowledged pick from the list. The anime has been unbeatable for a while in MAL's score list ^^

I haven't watched Magi either, I kinda dropped it with first ep oops but I have heard it gets better. I just don't like the main guy.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
FMA although I never read the manga but Brotherhood was greatest shonen anime of all time so it wins :sanapray:

Currently, Demon Slayer is pretty good but the manga is honestly kinda mediocre, Ufotable has made the anime a massive improvement.

Inuyasha would be 2nd I guess.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
shocked pikachu face



but dammn its hard to choose

i'll say my personal fav (based on art style and plot)
i say a tie of magi, d.gray-man (underrated af ) and blue exorcist (which i learned last year. was also a shocked)
D.Gray-man is definitely underrated, it gets often forgetton over lot of other shonen shows and is rarely mentioned these days. I haven't read the manga, but I enjoyed the anime I lot when I watched it ages ago.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
FMA although I never read the manga but Brotherhood was greatest shonen anime of all time so it wins :sanapray:

Currently, Demon Slayer is pretty good but the manga is honestly kinda mediocre, Ufotable has made the anime a massive improvement.

Inuyasha would be 2nd I guess.
Brotherhood is loyal to the manga unlike the "original" anime so if you like the Brotherhood one you probably like them manga too ^^

Oh I didn't know that about Demon Slayer. Have they improved the storytelling as well or is it just art that is issue?
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Brotherhood is loyal to the manga unlike the "original" anime so if you like the Brotherhood one you probably like them manga too ^^

Oh I didn't know that about Demon Slayer. Have they improved the storytelling as well or is it just art that is issue?
Yeah it's why I never watched the original FMA. They just made stuff up as they went along after a point. And honestly most of their plot gets covered pretty quickly in the early episodes of Brotherhood so.

Art is definitely a big factor. The art in the manga looks too cartoony, the tone is also all over the place. And the panels jump from one scene to another without warning, so it doesn't flow nearly as well. Ufotable has added little filler scenes in between to transition a lot better, and add to character development. And of course the animation/music everything makes it a lot better.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Haven't read any of the mangas but I vote blue exorcist cuz i'm biased like that and I love my Rin boii

*whispers* isn't hanako kun's mangaka female too?
Maybe? I'm not actually sure :dubuthink: I read up somewhere that it's artist duo who does Hanako-kun actually but that's only one place too and no gender was mentioned.
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
Maybe? I'm not actually sure :dubuthink: I read up somewhere that it's artist duo who does Hanako-kun actually but that's only one place too and no gender was mentioned.
I can't remember where I read it but someone said 'she' 😩
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Yeah it's why I never watched the original FMA. They just made stuff up as they went along after a point. And honestly most of their plot gets covered pretty quickly in the early episodes of Brotherhood so.

Art is definitely a big factor. The art in the manga looks too cartoony, the tone is also all over the place. And the panels jump from one scene to another without warning, so it doesn't flow nearly as well. Ufotable has added little filler scenes in between to transition a lot better, and add to character development. And of course the animation/music everything makes it a lot better.
I haven't actually seen Brotherhood, but the original FMA and then the manga. FMA aired in my country when I was teenager though I didn't finish it then, they also started to release the manga around when Iw as high school so read that then got back to anime to finish it and yea lot of stuff especially towards end is different and it's better in manga for me.

Ah maybe you have mentioned this before. Now that I think of I remember someone mentioning that the manga doesn't flow. Well, I guess thank for her for making Demon Slayer a thing and now it's just to wait for more DS anime to come out :maheart:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I can't remember where I read it but someone said 'she' 😩
Could be, it's sometimes hard to know cause lot of artist have pen names and don't want to even reveal their real identity :nekosweat:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
i like it better than jo jo, which idk why blew up last year
I don't rly like Jojo, have tried to watch it couples times but dropped, so I definitely agree :jenniesmug:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
I haven't actually seen Brotherhood, but the original FMA and then the manga. FMA aired in my country when I was teenager though I didn't finish it then, they also started to release the manga around when Iw as high school so read that then got back to anime to finish it and yea lot of stuff especially towards end is different and it's better in manga for me.

Ah maybe you have mentioned this before. Now that I think of I remember someone mentioning that the manga doesn't flow. Well, I guess thank for her for making Demon Slayer a thing and now it's just to wait for more DS anime to come out :maheart:

You should definitely watch FMA Brotherhood, it honestly feels like most of the original FMA plot was covered in like the 1st 25% of the episodes, and for the rest we get the true manga story, the world building and mythology is a lot more detailed, plenty of cool fights and characters we didn't get to see in the original anime, and the story arcs and conclusions all lead to a big, satisfying pay off.

True, I think the Kimetsu no Yaiba mangaka would've never expected the anime adaptation to hit that big lol, atleast the manga definitely looks nowhere as ambitious :rosesmug:
Good on her tho, finish the plot so we have more episodes to look forward to :sakUwu:
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
WAIT WAT
MAGI MANGAKA WAS A WOMAN??

NANI???????????????????????????????

I AM SHOCKED
I had no idea a lot of these authors were female too:jisoosmh:

I love so many anime on here. I think I would go for D-Gray Man or Black Butler but Blue Excorcist and FMA are great too :maheart:
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
You should definitely watch FMA Brotherhood, it honestly feels like most of the original FMA plot was covered in like the 1st 25% of the episodes, and for the rest we get the true manga story, the world building and mythology is a lot more detailed, plenty of cool fights and characters we didn't get to see in the original anime, and the story arcs and conclusions all lead to a big, satisfying pay off.

True, I think the Kimetsu no Yaiba mangaka would've never expected the anime adaptation to hit that big lol, atleast the manga definitely looks nowhere as ambitious :rosesmug:
Good on her tho, finish the plot so we have more episodes to look forward to :sakUwu:
I have just read the manga couple times already so in the end I didn't feel much point in also watching the anime :jisoosmh: But maybe I one day go back to it.

Ufotable rly worked hard on Kimetsu no Yaiba. I bet she has lot more sales for the manga too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread