Bilingual peeps, do you get languages mixed up ever? (1 Viewer)

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
for those who are fully bilingual or trilingual etc, do you mix the languages up when you speak? Do you switch from one to another a lot?

i'm interested in learning languages so I'm very curious
 

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
Not really, I don’t mix up English with Romanian (my native language) but I do sometimes (not too often) transform Romanian words in English when I don’t know them and then hope that it is similar :lisalaugh: But in school it was a bit confusing to have English and French classes one after the other:nekosweat: especially with the speaking exercises.
I’m trying to learn Spanish now so watch out for new confusions
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Willow and Yili
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
I sometimes struggle to find the right word that would fit the meaning, but otherwise they are way too different which is both good and bad.
I think when it comes to learning, you just adapt once you hear the language.
Good luck with learning! What languages are you trying to learn?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Yili

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I sometimes struggle to find the right word that would fit the meaning, but otherwise they are way too different which is both good and bad.
I think when it comes to learning, you just adapt once you hear the language.
Good luck with learning! What languages are you trying to learn?
i'm a chinese language major (mandarin) and learning korean as welll in my uni classes!
 
Joined
19 October 2020
Messages
19,165
Reactions Received
28,437
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,455
Fandom
multi BG
Gender
Female
i'm a chinese language major (mandarin) and learning korean as welll in my uni classes!
that´s so awesome!! good luck with that! I can´t imagine how clever you must be to comprehend all the letters and grammar and ... words. omg. I have tried learning Chinese, but gave up after one minute :D.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Yili
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
No? Why would I do that
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,595
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,408
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
way too often i say english phrases out loud in real life even though my first language is polish. usually it's normal phrases like "i don't think so" "where is it" or "what is going on" but i realise it looks ridiculous when i immediately switch back to polish so i'm trying to stop that
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
i'm a chinese language major (mandarin) and learning korean as welll in my uni classes!
Damn that’s impressive :wimwim:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yili

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
thank you! learning languages is one of the only things im kind of good at :yolk:
Don’t say that, I’m sure there is more :maheart:
 
  • Love
Reactions: Yili

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread