Blackpink under fire for cultural appropriation? (1 Viewer)

kuro

✰ hiatus ✰
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
17,115
Reactions Received
56,266
Location
spring days
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
One thing I would point out about your comment is you talk about knetz. From what I can tell this isn't a knetizen thing. On twitter at least it's almost exclusively an international fan concern, as it usually is whenever the topic of cultural appropriation in kpop comes up.
ah, I'll edit my comment, thanks for pointing that out
 
Joined
23 February 2019
Messages
474
Reactions Received
3,535
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I waited for people who are a part of the culture to comment on this, and it looks like a majority have little to no problem with it. Many see it as appreciation actually.

I think 90% of the people that are offended aren't even Hindus. They just want another thing to bash BP for.

But now this spread within the fandom and people wrote letters to give to the girls at their concert VIP sendoff. Hopefully they don't start to become paranoid about what they are wearing.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I agree with what many people have said about this topic.
If anything it should be cultural appreciation, not cultural appropriation.
Dreamcatcher are always under fire for alleged cultural appropriation for their name alone.
I think as long as their is no disrespect and they are appreciating what it is they are doing, then there really shouldn't be a problem.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
LOL yes I am xD.
It'll be fine :yolk:
LMFAOO I knew it :yolk:
Well try and have fun I guess lol, I'm sure there must be a huge extended family here :jisoosmh:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Every time I go I have a new cousin I never heard of :yolk:
I think I've met all my existing cousins, unless someone new pops out suddenly :yolk:
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread