News Blackpink unlikely to renew contract as group, says market report (1 Viewer)

Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,443
Reactions Received
39,059
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,679
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
 

gone4good

.
.
Joined
31 May 2023
Messages
6,437
Reactions Received
9,410
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,545
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
they (YGE) have already screwed up by not announcing anything back in August. They're playing the Bigbang game. Fans don't like that. It may have worked 8 years ago but this kind of lame ass business model doesn't hold any water anymore. In this day and age of social media and open market, fans are really quick to turn on a dime and call it quits! I wish BP or Baemon no harm, but in the end, this sort of nonchalant approach to clearly communicate with their "loyal customers" is beyond pathetic!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pirioca and Moguri

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,032
Reactions Received
98,806
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,717
Ship
Wreck
they (YGE) have already screwed up by not announcing anything back in August. They're playing the Bigbang game. Fans don't like that. It may have worked 8 years ago but this kind of lame ass business model doesn't hold any water anymore. In this day and age of social media and open market, fans are really quick to turn on a dime and call it quits! I wish BP or Baemon no harm, but in the end, this kind of nonchalant approach to clearly communicate with their "loyal customers" is beyond pathetic!
maybe I'm too naive again, but if they are really still in negotiations, it would make sense to not announce anything yet..?

Otherwise its hard to understand, because this article also repeats again, their stock price fell by 20% already, so if they keep dragging out and another bad news comes up, it will fall again?

It will ofc also fall if they announce that BP is no more, but I would think it then drops once and then can start to recover

but like this is drops and drops over time and when they really have to announce BP is no more, it will drop even more?

I'm not sure if that makes sense or if its how those things really work..
 
  • Like
Reactions: gone4good

gone4good

.
.
Joined
31 May 2023
Messages
6,437
Reactions Received
9,410
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,545
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
maybe I'm too naive again, but if they are really still in negotiations, it would make sense to not announce anything yet..?

Otherwise its hard to understand, because this article also repeats again, their stock price fell by 20% already, so if they keep dragging out and another bad news comes up, it will fall again?

It will ofc also fall if they announce that BP is no more, but I would think it then drops once and then can start to recover

but like this is drops and drops over time and when they really have to announce BP is no more, it will drop even more?

I'm not sure if that makes sense or if its how those things really work..
I hear ya but.....
their contract expired on Aug 18th I believe. In business (cauz that's what it is, really, a biz) you don't wait until a contract expires to initiate a renewal! So presumably, talks have begun as far back as 2022! Not last week! That's for damn sure! So an OFFICIAL announcement on or about August 18 may have been ideal. Thus far, they've been merely reacting to news outlets and shutting down rumours!

All I'm saying is, they're playing with fire (no pun intended) and sooner or later, Blinks will be genuinely discontent! Especially if the outcome is unfavourable. Time will tell but i've seen this scenario before where fans are taken for granted, it never turns out well!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pirioca and Moguri
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
27,443
Reactions Received
39,059
Location
USA
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
84,679
Fandom
Swith*PNK-Panda
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Supreme Lord Emperor Commander
If a deal could be made it would have already happened and bee announced for no reason other than to stabilize YG's stock price. YG simply cannot afford to resign all of them. They also basically tortured them in the beginning so chances of a resign were small anyways. Being so big saved BP. The girls know how valuable they are because YG couldn't control the flow of information to them.
 

Moguri

.
Joined
31 December 2022
Messages
67,032
Reactions Received
98,806
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348,717
Ship
Wreck
I hear ya but.....
their contract expired on Aug 18th I believe. In business (cauz that's what it is, really, a biz) you don't wait until a contract expires to initiate a renewal! So presumably, talks have begun as far back as 2022! Not last week! That's for damn sure! So an OFFICIAL announcement on or about August 18 may have been ideal. Thus far, they've been merely reacting to news outlets and shutting down rumours!

All I'm saying is, they're playing with fire (no pun intended) and sooner or later, Blinks will be genuinely discontent! Especially if the outcome is unfavourable. Time will tell but i've seen this scenario before where fans are taken for granted, it never turns out well!
yeah good point! now it makes even less sense for me.. and it all already made very little sense in the first place, I just tried to find any possible explanation...

I think those contract experation dates are never offical though, just a best guess based on their debut date? But yeah.. they are probaly expired

Do you think there is a possability YG was delulu enough, to think renewing the contract will be no issue at all and just did not bother before ?
 
  • Like
Reactions: gone4good

gone4good

.
.
Joined
31 May 2023
Messages
6,437
Reactions Received
9,410
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
23,545
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
yeah good point! now it makes even less sense for me.. and it all already made very little sense in the first place, I just tried to find any possible explanation...

I think those contract experation dates are never offical though, just a best guess based on their debut date? But yeah.. they are probaly expired

Do you think there is a possability YG was delulu enough, to think renewing the contract will be no issue at all and just did not bother before ?
I dunno but I'll be honest with you. I'm a blink and ofc i like the members. But considering their absolutely dreadful number of releases throughout the years, I'm somewhat surprised that they blew up across the galaxy like that. I'm not knocking on their talent or the quality of the songs for that matter. I'm just saying, it was a sustained marketing exercise played out perfectly. But alas, its been repeated by others now, over and over and over. So not only are they facing the challenge to unscrew this contractual situation at this time but they also need to figure out how they will "reinvent" themselves going forward if they pull this off! And on that front, I suspect that a great deal of disagreement is in play. We're not talking money here but rather, creative differences! That's my take on it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pirioca
D

Deleted member 74

wouldn't be surprised if they don't renew and disband
I'll miss bp though TT <3 wish yg would've managed them better smh
 
  • Like
Reactions: Moguri
Joined
30 December 2022
Messages
12,418
Reactions Received
9,439
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
76,713
Gender
Male
There's a major limitation in K-Pop industry: age. I guess as a soloist you can stay longer in business. For example BoA, she's 36 years old. Maybe there are girl group members that are over 35 but I guess there aren't that many idols. All Blackpink members are still young but there are much younger groups that move up. Unfortunately 'eternal' youth seems to be a big thing in South Korea.
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread