News BLACKPINK's Lisa Considered for Role in Live Action Tangled (1 Viewer)

Joined
5 November 2025
Messages
8,356
Reactions Received
13,528
Location
in the line for freshly baked bread <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
83,581
Fandom
Multifandom
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
BLACKPINK’s Lisa may be on her way to Disney stardom.

According to U.S. entertainment outlet Allkpop on Nov. 4 (local time), industry sources said that the Thai-born K-pop star is being considered for the title role of Rapunzel in Disney’s upcoming live-action adaptation of “Tangled.”

The report said Lisa has emerged as a strong contender after Disney’s live-action remake of “Snow White,” starring Rachel Zegler and Gal Gadot, failed to meet box office expectations. In an effort to reignite its fairytale franchise, the company is reportedly seeking a fresh global face who can attract audiences and generate profit — and Lisa’s worldwide popularity fits the bill.

Lisa officially made her acting debut earlier this year in Season 3 of the HBO hit series “The White Lotus,” playing the character Mook in a supporting role that drew praise for her natural performance. She is also set to appear in Netflix’s upcoming action film “Extraction: Tiger.”

Disney has yet to issue an official statement regarding Lisa’s potential involvement in “Tangled.”

Source: https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/entert...-for-lead-role-in-disneys-live-action-tangled
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Selfmate
K

karenina

This is just my opinion, and no one come at me, please. I say this as a Blink and Lisa fan as well. I genuinely don't think Lisa is fit for this role. I think Lisa is a good actress, and there are many other roles she would be great in, but Rapunzel is not one of them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: centen
Joined
5 November 2025
Messages
8,356
Reactions Received
13,528
Location
in the line for freshly baked bread <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
83,581
Fandom
Multifandom
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
This is just my opinion, and no one come at me, please. I say this as a Blink and Lisa fan as well. I genuinely don't think Lisa is fit for this role. I think Lisa is a good actress, and there are many other roles she would be great in, but Rapunzel is not one of them.
My first impression as well :jisoosmh:
She's just casted for fame
 
K

karenina

My first impression as well :jisoosmh:
She's just casted for fame
Thank you, I'm glad you agree. I don't want to anger anyone, especially since I'm a Blink and I'm a fan of Lisa as well, but I hope people can see that, like you said, the ONLY reason why she's even being considered is because of her fame. Disney really is going downhill. I hope they will be able to choose a good actress for Rapunzel.
 
Joined
5 November 2025
Messages
8,356
Reactions Received
13,528
Location
in the line for freshly baked bread <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
83,581
Fandom
Multifandom
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
Thank you, I'm glad you agree. I don't want to anger anyone, especially since I'm a Blink and I'm a fan of Lisa as well, but I hope people can see that, like you said, the ONLY reason why she's even being considered is because of her fame. Disney really is going downhill. I hope they will be able to choose a good actress for Rapunzel.
I definitely think that these days, people are cast more for fame rather than actual talent...
Lowk I don't want to be mean.. but I really don't want her to get the role.. I feel like she's going to get so much hate for it
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread