COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News Body found at Lake Piru, News outlets confirm it is Naya Rivera (2 Viewers)

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I think it's good to update the forum as well, and especially the people that posted on the other thread.
If it doesn't turn out to be Naya, it's still "good" for a lack of better words,
reading that there have been a lot of drownings, another family who might've lost someone was finally found so they can mourn them.

Tagging the users from the other post
@NeoSquare @Queen @darthraine @Darth_berries @lexus @Lovely_Cornchips @vogue @Jakey_Yoda @Ahsoka @Ashla_K @kodoku @raymondchouku @PrideInBaek @OnCloudJess

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Either way, this story is so sad, I just hope the son doesn't grow up being traumatised by this experience and that he has no memory of his mother drowning.
i also hope that once he grows up he wont read all of the weird conspiracy theories that went around

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L
Pronouns
She/Her
If it is indeed Naya then I pray that her kid isn't traumatized and that he didn't see anything too jarring

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
It's sad. But what's also sad is that this was the only missing person's case that people cared about. Ventura police were under massive pressure. Those people now return to their usual lives, not caring about other missing persons.
I hope the lake is closed for swimmers for good (many locals said there were barely any signs)

I want to take a moment to share a few websites. Memorize and share these faces. Look out for those faces. Whilst Naya's family may receive answers, many families have yet to find their loved ones.
Cold Cases - NPS
Cold Case Database
The Charley Project

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Reports are saying she spent her last bit of energy getting her son on the boat before she disappeared, so she drowned.

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
Reports are saying she spent her last bit of energy getting her son on the boat before she disappeared, so she drowned.
that reminds me of a clip where she had to chose three things to save and she said she'd save her son first and foremost, i'm glad she was able to hold onto that before anything worse could've happened to her child as well.
It's so sad that she's gone now..

Reactions Received
KS Coins
btw, not related to this thread but John Travolta's wife, Kelly Preston died today of Breast Cancer after two years of battle. He lost his son Jet a couple of years ago. RIP

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Oh that's really sad T.T Hopefully her son won't be too affected.

Reactions Received
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
KS Coins
Fandom
GoldenStar
I think it's good to update the forum as well, and especially the people that posted on the other thread.
If it doesn't turn out to be Naya, it's still "good" for a lack of better words,
reading that there have been a lot of drownings, another family who might've lost someone was finally found so they can mourn them.
I hv no problem with ur posting this here, but im just quite bothered by news outlets saying "Naya's body recovered", when the authorities at most hv said "a" body was recovered n identification will be done in due course. (Its just unlucky ur the 1 in my crossfire, sorry.) Even if the news outlets then "update" the identification confirms the identity of the body found, sorry no-you cried wolf before confirmation of the identity of the body. I wont be fooled again. In the case that the body is not confirmed or is identified as Jane Doe or somebody else, thats not good.
As someone else on the web wrote(about news helicopter live reports on televised car chases)-theres nth much the reporter can say except keep stringing along the same boring stuff, {or keep quiet n risk ppl tuning out/turning off/to other channels) but here, u(bloggers n news outlets, not KS ) shdnt be saying "confirmed" or "declared" yet.
Im not blaming anyone at KS, ur just posting wat is reported, i believe this shdnt hv blown up this way, ppl were blaming the sheriff for sleeping/resting when it got too dark/dangerous to search further; early news reports of naya missing led to widespread conspiracies/theories when calm shd hv been called for, n finally when they found a body, they had to shut up the complainers from further criticising their hard work/efforts during a pandemic, no less. I hvnt posted much abt this cos im processing it privately b4. Im just reacting to "confirmed" n "declared dead" headlines when:

From the above:
Jul 13, 2020
Ventura Sheriff Press Conference Transcript on Death of ‘Glee’ Actress Naya Rivera
Bill Ayub: (01:41)....jump to this sentence:
"...we are confident the body we found is that of Naya Rivera." Emphasis mine
Idk the accuracy of transcription n im not gonna watch the whole press conference, i just hope they talked to/let family see her b4 revealing the "confident" unconfirmed press conference. (I believe this the latest development everywhere is (mis-)reporting, based on timelines(which hv confirmed/identified /l8r by now. {Doesnt excuse the wrong/rushed headlines. Or if its not her.)
R.I.P. Naya Rivera, ill always remember u as Santana forever, u angel, wherever u r now. (If im wrong anywhere iv written pls dont quote me, ill just delete my rant l8r-thnx kbye)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
The whole situation is just horrible. I feel so sorry for her family right now

Reactions Received
KS Coins
It's sad. But what's also sad is that this was the only missing person's case that people cared about. Ventura police were under massive pressure. Those people now return to their usual lives, not caring about other missing persons.
I hope the lake is closed for swimmers for good (many locals said there were barely any signs)

I want to take a moment to share a few websites. Memorize and share these faces. Look out for those faces. Whilst Naya's family may receive answers, many families have yet to find their loved ones.
Cold Cases - NPS
Cold Case Database
The Charley Project
Why close the lake? she just doesn't know how to swim.

It would be better if people learned how to swim to save themselves and others from drowning in these situations.

Belgizen

Belgi
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
NCTzen
Why close the lake? she just doesn't know how to swim.

It would be better if people learned how to swim to save themselves and others from drowning in these situations.
No. She was a regular at the make and a good swimmer. There have been many deaths on that lake because it is so dangerous there. Visibility is almost a zero and lots of caves in the water.
The lake is unsafe for swimming and locals themselves said there are not enough signs to warm people (it attracts a lot of tourists).

Also, she was alone with her 4 year old (and the jetski she tried to get away from). He couldn't save her. At least research the case before you comment. The lake is dangerous, even for confident swimmers. That's why it needs to be closed

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread