JYPE started the year off big, but which of these was your favourite?
For me, it's definitely FE3O4: Break, but it feels almost unfair because I think that release is a masterpiece. I really do hope it's considered a classic as time goes on, very few k-pop releases compare to it imo. On the other hand, it is more restrained and subtle than a lot of k-pop albums, so I can see it being considered boring by some.
With YOU-th is, to me, a fantastic return to form from Twice and their best release in like four years. Warm, sincere, emotional. They're the only girlgroup that could put out an album like this. I Get You makes me feel like I'm a John Hughes movie, and New New is that old Twice song. Any other year, this would be my number one in terms of k-pop.
That leaves Born to Be, which I think is good, but not as consistent or unique as the other two. I don't know how it compares to past Itzy releases, but I think the three singles are a significant step-up from the past few for sure. Escalator is a great pure Itzy song and Crown on My Head & Blossom are great solos. It just doesn't come together for me, and I think part of that is because it has solos!
For me, it's definitely FE3O4: Break, but it feels almost unfair because I think that release is a masterpiece. I really do hope it's considered a classic as time goes on, very few k-pop releases compare to it imo. On the other hand, it is more restrained and subtle than a lot of k-pop albums, so I can see it being considered boring by some.
With YOU-th is, to me, a fantastic return to form from Twice and their best release in like four years. Warm, sincere, emotional. They're the only girlgroup that could put out an album like this. I Get You makes me feel like I'm a John Hughes movie, and New New is that old Twice song. Any other year, this would be my number one in terms of k-pop.
That leaves Born to Be, which I think is good, but not as consistent or unique as the other two. I don't know how it compares to past Itzy releases, but I think the three singles are a significant step-up from the past few for sure. Escalator is a great pure Itzy song and Crown on My Head & Blossom are great solos. It just doesn't come together for me, and I think part of that is because it has solos!