COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News [BREAKING] 6.8 magnitude earthquake in Morocco (1 Viewer)

Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Blink🐰🐻🐿🐣
Pronouns
she/her
Ship

There has been an earthquake in Morocco in between the area of Marrakesh and Agadir. The quake was so heavy it was felt in Portugal and Algeria. So far there have been 632 deaths and over 300 people injured

I'll keep you guys posted on what's happening

:(

Tiffany

Forever Alone
Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Fandom
SONE
Pronouns
Noona
I pray for the people of Morocco, this is something which could nobody could have predicated, the last earthquake there was in the 60s and from the looks of things it happened in the rural part of morocco so the houses there could not have withstood the tremors.

Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Blink🐰🐻🐿🐣
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
I pray for the people of Morocco, this is something which could nobody could have predicated, the last earthquake there was in the 60s and from the looks of things it happened in the rural part of morocco so the houses there could not have withstood the tremors.
Thank you for your prayers Tiffany! It means a lot. :kittylove:

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-XWol
Wow. That escalated quickly. The news report I read 15 minutes ago said no reports of any deaths or injuries.

edit: I've just tried to find the report again but it must have been deleted. I guess whoever posted it messed up in a major way!

Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Blink🐰🐻🐿🐣
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wow. That escalated quickly. The news report I read 15 minutes ago said no reports of any deaths or injuries.
Yes the latest news report said that too but I hope the authorities there have now begun cleaning up the wreckage

Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Blink🐰🐻🐿🐣
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
[Update]

CNN reports that there are injured people standing outside the hospitals of Marrakesh:

'Many injured people were seen standing outside a hospital building in Marrakech, some with what appeared to be serious injuries, a CNN journalist in the city said.

Hospital beds were moved outside the building with a large security presence in the vicinity, including military and police.

Traffic is reported in some streets in Marrakech where buses, jeep cars and ambulances are rushing to pick up patients and tourists fleeing the destruction following the powerful earthquake that struck Saturday morning.

Several ambulances can also be seen been driving between Marrakech’s Medina, the ancient part of the city, to the CHU Mohammed VI hospital, where a number of people stood in the street, shaken and crying.'

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
I hope they pull through..

disasters like these are always so heart wrenching..

BlackpinkINSync

༺✮•°◤ 𝙀𝙪𝙧𝙖𝙨𝙞𝙖𝙣 ◥°•✮༻
Reactions Received
Website
www.ancestry.com
KS Coins
Fandom
𓂀 𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂 𓂀
Pronouns
𝙝𝙚/𝙝𝙞𝙢
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Stay
Pronouns
She/Her
That's terrible, i hope the injured recover quickly, my heart goes out to the families
Can we donate somewhere?

Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Blink🐰🐻🐿🐣
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
That's terrible, i hope the injured recover quickly, my heart goes out to the families
Can we donate somewhere?
I hope so

That's actually a great idea!! I haven't found any relief programs yet but if there are I'll link them in this thread!!

Reactions Received
Website
kpopsource.com
KS Coins
Fandom
Blink🐰🐻🐿🐣
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
[UPDATE]

Fatima, 50, told CNN her house in the town of Asni in the foothills of the High Atlas Mountains was destroyed in the earthquake.
“I barely got the chance to grab the kids and run out before I saw my house collapsing in front of my eyes. The neighbor’s house has also collapsed and there are two dead people under the rubble,” she said.
She added that help is yet to arrive in the remote town. “There is no one here to help pull the dead from under the destruction…the village is in very bad condition. There is destruction everywhere.”
Mohammed, 50, from the nearby town of Ouirgane, lost four family members in the quake. “I managed to get out safely with my two children but lost the rest. My house is gone.” he said.
Rescue operations are currently ongoing “We are out in the streets with authorities as they try to pull the dead from the rubble. Many, many people were transported to hospital in front of me. We are hoping for miracles from the rubble" he said.
Mustapha Louaanabi, who also lives in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains described the moment the earthquake struck saying there were “loud, deafening noises” and it felt as if “a train was passing right in the middle of the living room”.
His family fled outside, where they stayed for the rest of the night as aftershocks continued until 8am. “Nobody slept all night because of the aftershocks and the noise of these shocks created panic,” he said.
Louaanabi’s house survived the quake, but a town nearby has been razed to the ground and locals are unable to retrieve bodies from under the rubble he said. Many of the villages in the foothills of the Atlas Mountains close to the epicenter of the quake are isolated and difficult to access.

alo

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
this is absolutely horrible, my prayers go out to the people of morocco :(

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread