COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

News [BREAKING] Yong Junhyung withdraws from Highlight, admits to knowledge of JJY videos (1 Viewer)

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
Reactions Received
KS Coins

Last edited:
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
But things like this are great reminders that we may love the persona that is being shown to us, but it really doesn't mean we know the person behind the mask
+1

AND since there are so many fans that still blindly defend these people despite the fact that they are confirmed suspects... It's important for people to acknowledge that by defending these people they are indirectly defending what they've done as well. It doesn't matter if you've been a fan for 10 years, you still don't know them personally and therefore should never blindly believe in them just because of their shiny image. Most people are shit, and deserve to be called out for it. Even just turning a blind eye to something like this is wrong, no matter what the reason was.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I'm just wondering why he wouldn't say anything. I wonder which celebrity will be exposed next.
There's a tweet under the original posted above, that he WATCHED the videos

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
Reactions Received
KS Coins
+1

AND since there are so many fans that still blindly defend these people despite the fact that they are confirmed suspects... It's important for people to acknowledge that by defending these people they are indirectly defending what they've done as well. It doesn't matter if you've been a fan for 10 years, you still don't know them personally and therefore should never blindly believe in them just because of their shiny image. Most people are shit, and deserve to be called out for it. Even just turning a blind eye to something like this is wrong, no matter what the reason was.

Yeah, exactly.
I know it's a hideous comparison, but I made one in regards to someone still supporting people in this case that have had the proof revealed regarding their guilt in the case (yeah, yeah, pending trial etc and the formalities of it all); it doesn't matter how long you've been caring about someone or watching them grow/improve etc, it doesn't matter how much you think you know them. It doesn't matter how much they may have been someone in your direct life that influenced you positively or were there for you, or indirectly through their art etc (such as in this case) - your favorite uncle could be a rapist or a child molester, or your cousin or best friend could murder someone while simultaneously still showing you a sweet face. They're. Still. Criminals. That have committed crimes. The above goes out the window once you find those types of things out - at least they do for me.

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
Reactions Received
Website
www.last.fm
KS Coins
Fandom
EXO-L?
Ship
Wreck
Though this is horrible news indeed, at least he eventually admitted to knowing about the videos. I guess either his conscience won or he'd rather fess up now than get exposed later.

Now this makes me wonder if more people knew about it and didn't report it. I hope they follow suit and confess.

Last edited:

taemkitten

누난 너무 예뻐
Reactions Received
KS Coins

So apparently his members have lost trust in him too. Makes even more sense of course that he would leave. Also explains the denial from him and the agency.

His lack of apology to any of the victims that he saw in the video however is annoying.

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
All of the people that have reportedly been involved in this entire thing has surprised me... But so far this is the most surprising because it's an idol that I actually followed, admired and thought was a really nice person. I've always been aware that we don't see 100% of idols personalities, but to be doing things like this behind your persona... Ugh! It makes me so angry at the people involved and especially in Junhyung's case because he knew about the videos, watched them and didn't say anything to anyone until he had to. I've definitely lost my respect for him and I hope he really thinks about this mistake of his.

I really hope everyone involved gets the punishments they deserve. It's such an awful thing that shouldn't have happened.

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
One by one, they all fall.

Ringwanderung

ad astra per aspera
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
junhyung was my highlight bias, he was such a cute/funny/cool/talented rapper and i’m still kinda in denial about this whole ordeal...

i guess people have all sorts of sides to them, good and bad, but you just can’t forgive such things... the kpop industry sexualizes/objectifies women a lot, but i don’t even...

edit: i’m getting over it, but i’m so disappointed, after all the shit highlight went through at cube, i thought they were gonna last but ugh

i wish justice to the victims

Last edited:

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
Reactions Received
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
KS Coins
Fandom
arianator
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I am more than disappointed now.
As a fan of Highlight/BEAST since like the start of my kpop journey this is hurting me. I watched him way too much and never thought that he would be ok with these things.

Last edited:

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
I really liked him too. But fuck Junhyung tbh. The world is a dangerous place to live; not only because of the people who are evil, but also because of the people who don't do anything about it.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
she/her
"To not think what I was being shared was a crime, and I did absolutely nothing to prevent Jung Joonyoung."

I mean, if his thoughts are genuine, then good for him for taking the responsibility and acknowledging that he dun goofed. However, isn't this line pretty alarming? Who in their right mind would ever think that taking and sharing videos like that ISN'T illegal? Like seriously we all knew that the industry is pretty effed up when it comes to issues like this, but that's just... how??

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread