Brits (and Europeans) of Kpopsource (1 Viewer)

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Just something I wanted your opinion on lol.

I know a few countries in Europe (even in Asia tbh but there are more Europeans here) still have a monarchy. Or atleast a royal family. I’m most familiar with the members of the British Royal Family of course.

Anyway, how do you feel about them? In most cases they’re just figureheads and not a part of the government. Do you feel a sense of respect and devotion/loyalty? Do you think there needs to be royalty in this age? Are they powerful? How’s the general sentiment toward them? What do you think of their current status/privileges?
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
The British Royal family is just figurehead/ceremonial but behind all that they do still hold power. It's just the Queen doesn't exercise that power at all as there would be absolute trouble lol. Most people wouldn't like the royal family (Queen) interfering in politics for example, as it's the people that should be making choices like that.

I personally have no objection against them nor do I have loyalty too them, regardless of the fact I'm rather patriotic lol. I mean they are a nice tourist attraction lmao and it's steeped in history which I like, however if the royal family were to ever be abolished (and were nothing more than private citizens at most) then I wouldn't care tbh.

I respect them, but don't care for them.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
The British Royal family is just figurehead/ceremonial but behind all that they do still hold power. It's just the Queen doesn't exercise that power at all as there would be absolute trouble lol. Most people wouldn't like the royal family (Queen) interfering in politics for example, as it's the people that should be making choices like that.

I personally have objection against them nor do I have loyalty too them, regardless of the fact I'm rather patriotic lol. I mean they are a nice tourist attraction lmao and it's steeped in history which I like, however if the royal family were to ever be abolished (and were nothing more than private citizens at most) then I wouldn't care tbh.

I respect them, but don't care for them.
Ah ok lol, so what kinda power do they hold atm? Like can they override the Prime Minister if they wished to?
Does the gp generally hold them in high regard? Tbh in this day and age staying uninvolved and neutral is probably the best, can you imagine if they tweeted political stuff all the time and angered a bunch of people lol.
Like in Asia I think the Thailand citizens absolutely despise the ruling king or something but he’s also a lot more actively involved compared to the British royal family.

And yep it’s funny how more people associate them with a tourist attraction now :haylul:
 

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,594
Reactions Received
43,659
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,402
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i am so glad that the country i live in (poland) doesn't have a royal family or anything like that. this country would be even more of a distaster than it is now.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
i am so glad that the country i live in (poland) doesn't have a royal family or anything like that. this country would be even more of a distaster than it is now.
I live for your anti Poland sentiments lmao it’s coz I absolutely despise my country too :haylul:


Does Russia count--- like its a country but in both asia and eroupe territories-ish
Sure, how’s it over there?
Tho I imagine Putin is supreme leader anyway.
 
Joined
14 February 2021
Messages
1,715
Reactions Received
2,962
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I live for your anti Poland sentiments lmao it’s coz I absolutely despise my country too :haylul:




Sure, how’s it over there?
Tho I imagine Putin is supreme leader anyway.
He is--- But i'm in America right now. I have citizenship in both Country's.
 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Ah ok lol, so what kinda power do they hold atm? Like can they override the Prime Minister if they wished to?
Does the gp generally hold them in high regard? Tbh in this day and age staying uninvolved and neutral is probably the best, can you imagine if they tweeted political stuff all the time and angered a bunch of people lol.
Like in Asia I think the Thailand citizens absolutely despise the ruling king or something but he’s also a lot more actively involved compared to the British royal family.

And yep it’s funny how more people associate them with a tourist attraction now :haylul:
The Queen still holds the power to appoint Prime Minsters, close Parliament and even agree/disagree on laws.

She even has the power to dissolve the Parliament if the Prime Minster/government does things that is against the wishes of the country.

Technically this is a good thing as the monarchy will stand by the British people and this is something I've never doubted. So if we ever get an absolute crackpot of a PM then at least the royal family can save our ass by kicking the PM's ass out of government lmao.
:pandatea: :lisalaugh:
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
He is--- But i'm in America right now. I have citizenship in both Country's.
Ooh that’s pretty cool I’ve always wanted dual citizenship tho my country doesn’t allow it lol. You’d have to give up your citizenship here if you wanna become a citizen of some other country.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
The Queen still holds the power to appoint Prime Minsters, close Parliament and even agree/disagree on laws.

She even has the power to dissolve the Parliament if the Prime Minster/government does things that is against the wishes of the country.

Technically this is a good thing as the monarchy will stand by the British people and this is something I've never doubted. So if we ever get an absolute crackpot of a PM then at least the royal family can save our ass by kicking the PM's ass out of government lmao.
:pandatea: :lisalaugh:
Lmao I wonder just how bad a PM has to be for that to come to pass :lisalaugh:
In the meantime is Buckingham Palace taking. page outta April/DSP Entertainment’s book :haylul:

 

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
.
.
Joined
24 November 2018
Messages
52,131
Reactions Received
94,782
Location
Dreamworld
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
132,191
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Lmao I wonder just how bad a PM has to be for that to come to pass :lisalaugh:
In the meantime is Buckingham Palace taking. page outta April/DSP Entertainment’s book :haylul:

I laughed pretty hard when this came out simply because the whole Kpop/Korean bullying scandals even managed to infiltrate the Royal Family.
:nekosweat::nayeonisdone::lisalaugh:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Lmao I wonder just how bad a PM has to be for that to come to pass :lisalaugh:
In the meantime is Buckingham Palace taking. page outta April/DSP Entertainment’s book :haylul:

Is bullying new pandemic? Its spreading like wildfire..
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Is bullying new pandemic? Its spreading like wildfire..
Yep pretty much like the Me Too wave some years back, it’s Bullygate right now.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
just glad there is no german royal family in power :wimwim:

tho we have some princes and princesses that are frequently on our tv ( they basically just have a title but no political power whatsoever)
 
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
There was never any Swiss Prince/King so I don’t know. Though my second country which is Morocco has a King and I think if he wasn’t there the country would have been much more in trouble than now.
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I'm neither here nor there when it comes to the British royals. I mean, Prince Andrew needs to send himself to the FBI and face the music, but then there's Sophie (Countess of Wessex) who has been a volunteer at a covid vaccination centre. There's also Princess Charlotte, who is only four but already a badass who told the press they weren't coming in to her younger brother Louis' christening.
 

Taehyun

☾ abbacchio simp ⛧
.
Joined
21 May 2020
Messages
598
Reactions Received
1,346
Location
♡ L.O.Λ.E ☆
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
☆ MOA ♡
Gender
Male
don't like them at all, they're just rich figureheads who do rather dodgy stuff behind the scenes
 
  • Like
Reactions: OnlyCalB and Willow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread