News BTS/Big Hit donate 1 million dollars to Black Lives Matter (1 Viewer)

Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Genuine question tho, what do organizations like these do with the money? Only thing I can think of is ads, which I don’t think has ever convinced someone not to like be racist?
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,393
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Genuine question tho, what do organizations like these do with the money? Only thing I can think of is ads, which I don’t think has ever convinced someone not to like be racist?
I'm not super sure, maybe also organize events for it. Get things like public space, transportation, and other stuff? I'd look it up, they probably have more info online than I do
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
They really put their money where their mouth was :nakypog:
Genuine question tho, what do organizations like these do with the money? Only thing I can think of is ads, which I don’t think has ever convinced someone not to like be racist?
I'm not super sure, maybe also organize events for it. Get things like public space, transportation, and other stuff? I'd look it up, they probably have more info online than I do
Lobbying, work spaces, organizing protests and events, supporting communities and probably bail funds
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
That's really cool and a lot more done than the celebs that were donating just $50 lmao
The more cynical part of me wonders if the main reason they did it was to brush the Jim Jones stuff under the rug. I know a lot of black fans on are still hurt by it and the fact that non-black fans told them to get over it or are asking them "Are you happy now?".....
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread