Comeback BTS 'Map of the Soul: 7' is out (1 Viewer)

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
.
.
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
12,423
Reactions Received
54,952
Location
ARMY base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
55
Gender
Female
Ship
hopefully
is it for the same song though?
the song is so meh
yes, ON is the title song
maybe you will like some B sides better
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
OMG IM SCREEECHING AND I WANT TO SOB THEY LOOK AND SOUND SO GOOD IM- IKDUSHFKSDJHFIUKSDHF
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: NASA and Evergreen
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
BTW. Im probably going to spam the shit out of this thread with my fangirling :D
 
Joined
30 March 2019
Messages
5,067
Reactions Received
15,900
Location
𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊'𝚜 𝚁𝚊𝚙𝚜 🤍
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Squoosh ♡
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
they / them
Ship
Wreck
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: NASA and Evergreen

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Ok after like 3-4 more listens it's kinda dropped a bit for me sorry :yolk:
The verses aren't really hitting me like before except the Hey na na part and the chorus isn't as exciting. Jungkook's bridge is still great tho.

7/10 now :yolk: This is where it will stay probably lol.

We are Bulletproof: Eternal is a pretty good B-side. Like that one a lot.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AmysTeri
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
Me, in a nutshell, LOL

--

But really, I liked this more than I thought I would. I have to always lower my expectations on a BTS comeback so I won't get delusional, lol.
I especially like the simplicity of this version. Can't wait to see what they bring next Friday, but I loved this one too.
Definitely liked the background performers as well. Like IDOL and BWL, I would love to see some bands cover this at football games.
Good Job, BTS&Co. It's already on Google Play, so I'm gonna go listen to the albun now.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Darkseid

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
When I saw We Are Bulletproof: The Eternal on the tracklist I was waiting for something hip hop esque or at least sampling the originals but instead I got a stab to the heart and enough surprise to make me feel light headed

:sadcat: :sadcat: :sadcat: :sadcat: :sadcat: :sadcat: :sadcat: :sadcat: :sadcat:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Being the pain on is right... what do I even say I’m wounded
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkseid

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Me, in a nutshell, LOL

--

But really, I liked this more than I thought I would. I have to always lower my expectations on a BTS comeback so I won't get delusional, lol.
I especially like the simplicity of this version. Can't wait to see what they bring next Friday, but I loved this one too.
Definitely liked the background performers as well. Like IDOL and BWL, I would love to see some bands cover this at football games.
Good Job, BTS&Co. It's already on Google Play, so I'm gonna go listen to the albun now.
Yeah after a few more listens I'm convinced I won't flip flop anymore and really like it :haylul:
But this is definitely a performance song. I'll enjoy listening to it on Spotify but watching a performance will always add something extra to it. I agree about the simplicity, it's one of the reasons I wasn't a fan of Idol coz it felt like too many elements were clashing, here it takes it's time to build to the high points, and when it slows down, we get that Jungkook bridge which is fantastic. A chill anthem lol, love it.
 
  • Love
Reactions: AmysTeri

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
ON is most probably a grower, I'm really turned off by the robotic effects on everyone's vocals throughout the album tho, dk why we just can't have some more natural sound in the songs instead of these ultra super mega duper produced versions.

Louder than bombs is most likely gonna be my fave song from the album tho. Inner Child coming in 2nd place.

But overall it's better than the past few releases
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
This was supposed to be my highlight after my exams but I'm pretty disappointed. The album overall was not to my liking at all.

Rap line's parts aside the rest of ON was pretty meh for me. Rap line really saved the song for me but still not enough for me to want to listen to it again. The boys spoke highly of it though so I'm hoping the choreo saves it for me. But as of yet, not a fan of it.

The only song I actually liked from the album was Black Swan honestly. Filter was alright (probably the best after BS) but I wish it was sung at a lower range. Jimin sounded unnatural for the most part but overall it was a good song. I'd probably rate it a 6/10. UGH! was also alright. It was no Ddaeng but it was still pretty good. I think I'd also rate that a 6/10. Usually I prefer vocals over raps but for this album the rap was the highlight. Actually J-Hope's EGO was probably my favourite right after Black Swan. It was super fun! I'd give that a 7.5/10.

All in all, 'Black Swan' (which was like a 9.5/10) aside the rest of the album was pretty mediocre. There was just no song on the album that made me look forward to the performance nor was there any song that I could actually listen to on repeat without ever getting bored. I feel like Filter has potential to grow more on me more but I already like that song so it doesn't mean anything for me.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread