C-POP recomdations please (1 Viewer)

Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
WayV are overall kinda underappreciated... A lot of the NCTzens don't really follow WayV that much, even when they claim to be OT21... A lot of the NCTzens only care about the members who were promoting in NCT-U and NCT 127 before already aka Winwin, Ten and Lucas...

If I could get an euro for every time I see somebody claim they are a fan of WayV and then prove to me in the next sentence that they don't know shit about the group, I would be rich...
If others won't appreciate them I will definitely try to
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I hear a lot of people actually forget about dino which upsets me because his dancing is amazing and not only is he in the performance unit he is also one of the rappers
Life is just kinda unfair sometimes....
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted member 289
Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Life is just kinda unfair sometimes....
I don't get it though he's the youngest and absolutely amazing. All of them are. How can you say you Stan a group and say you don't like this member or that you just forget about a certain member it's really unfair for how much they work. Like yeah you can dislike a member but when they get hate you still should support them
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I don't get it though he's the youngest and absolutely amazing. All of them are. How can you say you Stan a group and say you don't like this member or that you just forget about a certain member it's really unfair for how much they work. Like yeah you can dislike a member but when they get hate you still should support them
You know the sad thing about forgetting a member... It's never intentional you know, because if they were actively ignoring them that wouldn't be forgetting. It's just that Chan doesn't stand out to them enough or doesn't catch their eye.

Well tbh I can't be too harsh on those people, because for like the 1st year of me stanning SVT I only had eyes for Woozi and Woozi only and all the other members might as well not have existed!
 
  • Like
Reactions: Deleted member 289
Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
You know the sad thing about forgetting a member... It's never intentional you know, because if they were actively ignoring them that wouldn't be forgetting. It's just that Chan doesn't stand out to them enough or doesn't catch their eye.

Well tbh I can't be too harsh on those people, because for like the 1st year of me stanning SVT I only had eyes for Woozi and Woozi only and all the other members might as well not have existed!
I understand what you mean forgetting and just completely ignoring are different and I understand if you don't really know the members it's hard not to forget.

When I first started listening to them I only really knew Woozi and jeonghan as angel as I wasn't used to Korean/Chinese names. These two were the most recognizable to me but I took a lot of online tests to remind me of their names and then started putting names to faces it took about half a year but I did it. I'm still learning new stuff about the group so for such a large group it is hard to remember all of the members.

It would be extremely difficult to remember all 21 members of nct I know a few that's it.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
I understand what you mean forgetting and just completely ignoring are different and I understand if you don't really know the members it's hard not to forget.

When I first started listening to them I only really knew Woozi and jeonghan as angel as I wasn't used to Korean/Chinese names. These two were the most recognizable to me but I took a lot of online tests to remind me of their names and then started putting names to faces it took about half a year but I did it. I'm still learning new stuff about the group so for such a large group it is hard to remember all of the members.

It would be extremely difficult to remember all 21 members of nct I know a few that's it.
Well yeah, I personally have nothing against people being a fan of only 1 NCT unit. Like... That's fine, I am not expecting EVERYBODY to like all 21 members y'know!

BUT... If you claim to love all 21 members... and every single thing you have to tell me about WayV is false or so unbelievably generic that a non-fan would know it... It's just sad.
 
Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Well yeah, I personally have nothing against people being a fan of only 1 NCT unit. Like... That's fine, I am not expecting EVERYBODY to like all 21 members y'know!

BUT... If you claim to love all 21 members... and every single thing you have to tell me about WayV is false or so unbelievably generic that a non-fan would know it... It's just sad.
Yeah it really is sad

If your gonna say you're a fan of all 21 members but don't know all members say something like "I like all 21 members but I'm still learning names" Because it would be more acceptable. And if they decide to post things that are false about any of them it's their own fault they could easily search up anything they want to because i still do it with seventeen just to make sure I'm 100% correct
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry
Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yeah it really is sad

If your gonna say you're a fan of all 21 members but don't know all members say something like "I like all 21 members but I'm still learning names" Because it would be more acceptable. And if they decide to post things that are false about any of them it's their own fault they could easily search up anything they want to because i still do it with seventeen just to make sure I'm 100% correct
Even saying like you just like their music but don't know much about them is fine. Because fans would rather have someone being honest than someone trying to fit in with incorrect information

I'm sorry I keep mentioning seventeen they're the only group I'm confident I know info on
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Yeah it really is sad

If your gonna say you're a fan of all 21 members but don't know all members say something like "I like all 21 members but I'm still learning names" Because it would be more acceptable. And if they decide to post things that are false about any of them it's their own fault they could easily search up anything they want to because i still do it with seventeen just to make sure I'm 100% correct
Yeah... the Winwin stans seem to be the worst... well these days they are a bit better, but for months they were complaining about how badly Winwin is treated and how he gets no lines without realizing... they are only seeing the 127 Winwin and not the Wayv Winwin...

127 Winwin had no lines
WayV Winwin has quite a lot of lines and more than some other members of WayV!

127 Winwin was shy and didn't talk a lot, the fake maknae
WayV Winwin is talkative and a caring older member.

127 Winwin was "underappreciated" and didn't get promoted by SM
WayV Winwin is the most popular member in China and quite literally was/is a permanent member on a variety show...

Some people just completely ignore what is going on in WayV and still act like everything is like it was in 2018 and 2017...
 
Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yeah... the Winwin stans seem to be the worst... well these days they are a bit better, but for months they were complaining about how badly Winwin is treated and how he gets no lines without realizing... they are only seeing the 127 Winwin and not the Wayv Winwin...

127 Winwin had no lines
WayV Winwin has quite a lot of lines and more than some other members of WayV!

127 Winwin was shy and didn't talk a lot, the fake maknae
WayV Winwin is talkative and a caring older member.

127 Winwin was "underappreciated" and didn't get promoted by SM
WayV Winwin is the most popular member in China and quite literally was/is a permanent member on a variety show...

Some people just completely ignore what is going on in WayV and still act like everything is like it was in 2018 and 2017...
Some people should check out the other side of things because it could be that he was more comfortable in one group more than the other

The8 and Jun didn't get a lot of lines at the start of seventeen because they probably weren't confident in their singing as they were put in the performance unit meaning their strong point is dance but they got their own song together and have a lot more line now than they did but people still bring up the old songs saying they should get more lines when they have been gradually getting more lines
 
  • Love
Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Some people should check out the other side of things because it could be that he was more comfortable in one group more than the other

The8 and Jun didn't get a lot of lines at the start of seventeen because they probably weren't confident in their singing as they were put in the performance unit meaning their strong point is dance but they got their own song together and have a lot more line now than they did but people still bring up the old songs saying they should get more lines when they have been gradually getting more lines
Yeah that is one more thing I've always thought... It's alright if a member doesn't get many lines, especially if it is not their strong point. It's alright as long as they are getting something instead, like maybe a lot of center in choreos or maybe they get modelling gigs or maybe acting or maybe variety shows.

Point is lines don't have to be equal. The song sounding as good as possible should be more important than equal line distribution. a sub vocalist shouldn't be getting anywhere near as many lines as the main vocalist as a rule (Ofc there are exceptions like the song really suiting that member etc etc, but in the vast majority of the songs... the main vocal SHOULD have a lot more lines)

and now if we have a lot of members on top of that... I guess that sub vocalist doesn't have many lines left for them.
 
Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Yeah that is one more thing I've always thought... It's alright if a member doesn't get many lines, especially if it is not their strong point. It's alright as long as they are getting something instead, like maybe a lot of center in choreos or maybe they get modelling gigs or maybe acting or maybe variety shows.

Point is lines don't have to be equal. The song sounding as good as possible should be more important than equal line distribution. a sub vocalist shouldn't be getting anywhere near as many lines as the main vocalist as a rule (Ofc there are exceptions like the song really suiting that member etc etc, but in the vast majority of the songs... the main vocal SHOULD have a lot more lines)

and now if we have a lot of members on top of that... I guess that sub vocalist doesn't have many lines left for them.
Exactly they have their strong point which is focused on more but they still get lines. They still get to do modelin, variety shows and acting.

Like interviews that are mainly for international fans they will put all or them or a small group for the interview but they will mainly ask Joshua or Vernon questions but those two members do include other members as best as they can by translating for them.

DK was in a musical.

Jun and the8 went on a show where they performed together and separatly.

Seungkwan, DK and Woozi have OSTs

Vernon has a song with his friend Tobi Lou

They have solos and unit songs so every member is getting included
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry
Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I cannot see a lot of the current links since ya know even when ur vpn supposed to be..better youtube still blcoked here and sometimes things goof..so if i am recommending songs that already have been my apologies

I've also been listening to less "cpop" than i used to, that being said, cpop is not even that, if you are looking for 'pop' music cpop is not the place to look chinese music even by the current younger popular artists can still mostly be slower, or experimentally weird, or ballady but for a lot of people this is not what they think when they are looking to get into c-pop, so just be aware of this fact in advance

billi billi is like chinese youtube so I am using this, but kpop source can not embed the media so sorry for the gross links too

Woken Day:

Xiao Ban:


talking to the moon:


bian cheng mo sheng ren:
can't find the version im looking for at the moment so I'll tag you later when i can

zheng zheng liang nian ren:

^I really have been listening to this song a lot lately

该死的懦弱:

你的影子:

黄土高坡Trap:



if you want more or a different style i can definetly help but i gotta get back to class so this was all i could think of at the moment
Thank you!!! I don't really know anything about it they just said listen to cpop. They said to listen nex7 and nine percent.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 289
Joined
4 November 2019
Messages
345
Reactions Received
924
Location
The diamond life
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
ooo lol those are groups that have a pop sound since they were on the korean pop show (chinese version of the Korean program produce 101)

so they are trying to bringtha style to China... I've listed some cool groups here before... there are actually a fair amount of cool girl groups apparently but unless you already know them and follow them actively, it's very hard too know more than a few... with cpop bgs... I'm spanning all of China with this not just mainland but you've got farenheit , hit 5, tfboys , yhboys, m. I. c 男团, X玖少年团,Acrush which is a boy group girl group, SpeXial, JPM, boy'z


Then with ninepercent/nex7 thrown in... well that's the most pop type of pop music groups I can think of though.. even then... some of its still a bit different then pop or just not good tbh... chinas main genre isn't boy groups, girl groups or that kind of pop, there is some good chinese music obviously but pop groups and searching for the standard pop sound will just be a very poor representation of it
Ahhh okay thank you for explaining:pikahappy:
I think I've heard of farenheit before.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Deleted member 289

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
latee but bonbon girls 303 and the9 are recently debuted groups that seem popular?? Recently I've been digging more into SNH48, R1SE, SING, Xu Yiyang, and some qcyn2 girls' solo stuff (xu xinwen, zuo zhuo, NINEONE, etc)
lexie liu is a good artist for urban, and both vinida and vava are popular rappers too so there's that

愛殤 (love catastrophe) is another song that I've had on repeat for ages
 
  • Love
Reactions: Willow

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,509
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Rainie Yang, Jolin Tsai.
 
Joined
15 November 2020
Messages
11,086
Reactions Received
11,556
Location
we like it like
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11,767
Fandom
zeroady
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
My friend on Twitter want me to start listening to cpop but I don't know where to start.

Please can I have some recommendations
Go listen to nine percent or NEX7! they are very underrated but they have very good songs to listen to :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread