Can we have an open and honest conversation on why non-Asian men keep attacking Asian women (1 Viewer)

Joined
5 January 2021
Messages
474
Reactions Received
247
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
122
When will this sh*t stop? Like literally every day there's non-Asian men doing atrocities to Asian women in Western countries. Asians aren't even a big community in the West overall so by the proportion it is becoming increasingly dangerous to be an Asian women. Adding Asian male victims it's even worse. So as kpop fans, as people who consume entertainment made by Asians and follow Asian idols, the least you can do is speak to people in your communities and educate them this is racist and evil. Time to stop being timid about this issue when you were hella outspoken about every other issue.

> One man attacked 7 Asian women


> 6 men attack 70 Asian women


> man kills 6 and injures 3 Asian women

 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
A certain portion of my family are Asian and most of my friends are Asian so I don't really think it'd be smart for me, a white woman, to "educate" them on violence against them...I think it'd be kind of triggering in all honesty. Doesn't help that Honda plants are big here so it'd be super awkward if people around me hated Asian women or men. But I don't know... it's a possibility I just haven't heard of anything happening in my area or around me.

If I did ever run into anyone spewing hate and vitriol I'd like to think I would say something.
 

tai

from the land to the sea 🇵🇸
.
Joined
13 December 2019
Messages
15,368
Reactions Received
19,079
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
7,194
Fandom
#1 🎵taste
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I think it's kinda weird for non Asian people to educate people about this. How can you speak for a community you are not apart of? Simple answer, you can't.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
A certain portion of my family are Asian and most of my friends are Asian so I don't really think it'd be smart for me, a white woman, to "educate" them on violence against them...I think it'd be kind of triggering in all honesty. Doesn't help that Honda plants are big here so it'd be super awkward if people around me hated Asian women or men. But I don't know... it's a possibility I just haven't heard of anything happening in my area or around me.

If I did ever run into anyone spewing hate and vitriol I'd like to think I would say something.
But to add on to this I don't fully understand where the prejudice and hatred for Asian women comes from and I think in order to educate people and talk to them about these serious issues I'd have to understand where that stems from. So if anyone has some enlightening information that would be helpful but I also don't feel comfortable even "educating" people when I am not knowledgeable on this subject matter nor a part of the group of people who are going through this...
 
  • Like
Reactions: tai

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread