COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Appreciation CHIRPS OFFICIAL BOOK RECOMMENDATIONS THREAD (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
IS THIS RANDOM AND PROBABLY POINTLESS?
YES!

But will I have fun with this? Yes.

Just so you guys are aware I have read over 200 books in my life. Some good some bad.
But I want to give recommendations to people who maybe are struggling to find a book they want to read or sink their teeth into.
My personal preferences are towards books that are SFF & Thrillers/Mysteries.
I have more recently gotten into Thrillers & Mysteries but still think I have enough to say on them.
Also really love to read Sci-Fi and Fantasy-not necessarily SUPER high fantasy but high fantasy nonetheless.

If you want to give me a book recommendation as well-I'm done for anything.
I'm currently in a slump and hoping talking about books will get me hyped enough to read something.

ASK AWAY!​

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
What would you recommend to someone who's a really slow reader that loses his focus really quickly when reading but lowkey wants to get into reading more? :susPepe:
I recommended this book series to @Mangoey but I think it would work for you too. it's called the Illuminae Files series and they look really massive and daunting but they have a really unique formatting that makes it easier to read. The reading experience is more enjoyable because of it and you fly through the book. I think you'd be able to focus with it.

Another recommendation would be the wayward children series by Seanan McGuire. They are really short stories most under 200 pages but they are very fantastical and diverse. It's about children who have stumbled through a door into another world and then get dropped back into ours and have a hard time adjusting, so they are sent to a school to help them adjust to living here again. You don't have to read them in order if you don't want to as well the only ones so far that are connected are the 2nd and 5th book.

I did however read them in order because I wanted to and think it was nice.

OnlyCalB

GG Trash
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Pronouns
He/Him/Card Master
Which is your fave fantasy book?

Myco

Ace of Hearts
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Choice
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I recommended this book series to @Mangoey but I think it would work for you too. it's called the Illuminae Files series and they look really massive and daunting but they have a really unique formatting that makes it easier to read. The reading experience is more enjoyable because of it and you fly through the book. I think you'd be able to focus with it.

Another recommendation would be the wayward children series by Seanan McGuire. They are really short stories most under 200 pages but they are very fantastical and diverse. It's about children who have stumbled through a door into another world and then get dropped back into ours and have a hard time adjusting, so they are sent to a school to help them adjust to living here again. You don't have to read them in order if you don't want to as well the only ones so far that are connected are the 2nd and 5th book.

I did however read them in order because I wanted to and think it was nice.
thank you, i'll definitely check both out :sanapray:

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
thank you, i'll definitely check both out :sanapray:
Oh, another recommendation with the Wayward series is that you at least read book #1 first and then check out which ever ones you want to later on. I just realized a later book spoils the events of the first book so yeah.

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Which is your fave fantasy book?
So my ultimate favorite is a series called The Great Library Series. I feel it's more low fantasy than high fantasy but I seriously love it.

So the story is basically about a young british man names Jess. And in the world he lives in the great library of Alexandria was never destroyed and basically reigns supreme over everything. They control what books the public has access to and more. Jess despite being part of an illegal book smuggling family finds the library to be a great institution and then his father deciding to put his son's smarts to use puts him into the running to begin working at the great library where Jess begins to realize the institution he loves so much isn't what he thought it was.

The writing is really beautiful and atmospheric and the characters are fantastic. I love the found family aspect within this book it's just UGH SO GOOD. Also sadly the author Rachel Caine passed away recently may she rest in peace. But she seriously wrote my favorite series ever and I thank her every day for it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread