- Joined
- 2 March 2019
- Messages
- 5,950
- Reactions Received
- 15,071
- Location
- USA
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 2,849
- Fandom
- MeU
- Gender
- Male
How is it in your country?I was just reading about the difference between epidemic n pandemic (b4 WHO declared the pandemic, see update in the below link-it was posted b4)
(Everything in there is mostly written earlier except one paragraph update tat pandemic has been declared)![]()
Why the WHO waited to call the coronavirus a pandemic
The virus has spread across all continents except Antarctica. But the WHO held back on using the term “pandemic” for it.www.vox.com
From wat I read, the main thing I got out of it is in a pandemic-Mitigation is the strategy: minimize n cut the risk of infection, so as many people as possible don't get sick. There's some more stuff to follow for ur health n other's health so tat as many people as possible keep healthy/uninfected. The good thing is it also helps keep the common flu rate down so tats why the flu in US is lower than b4, (AFAICR-this is all b4 I read about the declared pandemic, so I din't think to note all the details)
Stay safe everyone.
Not too bad I think, it's not as widespread as it could be but maybe cos China tourists n people exposed to it haven't been freely moving here as much as our neighbors in the south, i.e. ur country (major tourist/travel hotspot). Maybe the political turmoil/turnabout at end of February also has sth to do with it, or just economics-fewer tourists/travelers from affected places. Also cruise ship was denied entry n ended up in port in ur country(reason I think is it was home port for the cruise ship, even tho the owners I think aren't a singapore company?{maybe}How is it in your country?
I have no idea what mrs lincoln is but glad to know you are alright, for me its okay here i guess, i had to stay home for 5 days cause i had normal fever.Not too bad I think, it's not as widespread as it could be but maybe cos China tourists n people exposed to it haven't been freely moving here as much as our neighbors in the south, i.e. ur country (major tourist/travel hotspot). Maybe the political turmoil/turnabout at end of February also has sth to do with it, or just economics-fewer tourists/travelers from affected places. Also cruise ship was denied entry n ended up in port in ur country(reason I think is it was home port for the cruise ship, even tho the owners I think aren't a singapore company?{maybe}
Otherwise than medical/health, economics hit a bit with some shopping malls/businesses hv low traffic, but could be seasonal/after CNY reasons(tats the excuse one company gave for not giving rent relief to tenants earlier but maybe changed). Also govt passed a stimulus/economic fix bill to help the country n the Ringgit seems to tank against the US dollar earlier.
(Also I need to travel to the city north of u soon, n dread taking the bus there. I avoided going to cinema to watch a Korean movie Hitman Agent Jun n mostly stay in since I'm unemployed rn.)
Apart from tat, how's the play for u Mrs Lincoln?(hope u understand the reference, not sure how hip u r to my cultural references?)![]()
TLDR-medically not bad, economicallysucks a bit but still ok.(country I mean not me personally, tho now I think abt it true for both in a sense)
It's kinda a joke, nvm.I have no idea what mrs lincoln is but glad to know you are alright, for me its okay here i guess, i had to stay home for 5 days cause i had normal fever.
Now i am curious about the mrs lincoln thing, let me know nowIt's kinda a joke, nvm.
Glad to hear ur ok now. Read abt a lot of news abt ur country (where I worked from 2000-2017), I was there during SARS but it wasn't as bad then. Hope things work out well there soon, or at least don't get much worse more than it is now. Hearing tat the Italian borders closing (if true), I don't think it will work/happen for ur country-so pls stay safe.n everyone else too.
After president Lincoln is shot by John Wilkes Boothe at a theater during a show n presumably dying from the gunshot, the joke is that somebody asks Mrs Lincoln, "aside from tat, how'd you like the play, Mrs Lincoln?". Hope u understood wat I was(maybe lamely) trying to lighten the mood in my post. (Think I read this thing many years ago n just thot of it when replying so really wanted to put it in without caring if it fit, or if any one else understood). Maybe hving to explain it means I shd never try it again.Now i am curious about the mrs lincoln thing, let me know now![]()
![]()