News CRAVITY announces official fandom name (1 Viewer)

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I love it guess I'm a Luvity too now.
but many people pointed out that the group name is the same as CRAXY's fandom name and the fandom name is similar to Pink Fantasy's fandom Luvit.
It also doesn't help that many people saw similarities to EXO's concept
What is Starship doing?
 
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Pink Fantasy fans are trying to email both Starship and MyDoll about it so hopefully something can happen... I somehow doubt it though....
Nothing is going to happen, though. Even if Luvit is trademark, LUVITY is not Luvit. They have no legal case there.

On topic, let's add this to the list of terrible fandom names.
 

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Nothing is going to happen, though. Even if Luvit is trademark, LUVITY is not Luvit. They have no legal case there.

On topic, let's add this to the list of terrible fandom names.
there might be no legal case, but Starship MIGHT still change it, if they decide to not be shitty. (not very likely though)
I think Bighit did that with txt when it turned out the fandom name they chose clashed with I think Tiffany.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Belgizen

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Nothing is going to happen, though. Even if Luvit is trademark, LUVITY is not Luvit. They have no legal case there.

On topic, let's add this to the list of terrible fandom names.
Well, BTS couldn't be trademarked in 2019 cuz another company had B.T.S already trademarked. I don't know how it is with one letter differences... I'll check the database.

This whole thing is a moral debate between fans: Starship owns Luvity probably (and Cravity), but when someone else already uses it, even without trademark, they could at least look at other options.
Starship didn't even acknowledge CRAXY's fandom
Also, the fact that they had a very similar MV/concept to EXO doesn't help the boys either.
SS is basically screwing over their own new group (that's why I didn't want to stan them at first)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
there might be no legal case, but Starship MIGHT still change it, if they decide to not be shitty. (not very likely though)
I think Bighit did that with txt when it turned out the fandom name they chose clashed with I think Tiffany.
Sadly, they didn't even acknowledge CRAXY's fandom's please and never released a statement about this whole issue (Cravity is CRAXY's fandom name which was chosen a month before the name was revealed. CRAXY doesn't own any trademark)
 

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
But I don't think Tiff copyrighted it.
I think hers is in the American database so hers wouldn't appear in the Korean database unless she filed a trademark there as well.
But it was very nice of BH to solve this issue
 
Joined
26 August 2018
Messages
0
Reactions Received
31,963
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Well, BTS couldn't be trademarked in 2019 cuz another company had B.T.S already trademarked. I don't know how it is with one letter differences... I'll check the database.

This whole thing is a moral debate between fans: Starship owns Luvity probably (and Cravity), but when someone else already uses it, even without trademark, they could at least look at other options.
Starship didn't even acknowledge CRAXY's fandom
Also, the fact that they had a very similar MV/concept to EXO doesn't help the boys either.
SS is basically screwing over their own new group (that's why I didn't want to stan them at first)
B.T.S and BTS are not the same, just how APRIL and April are also not the same. MelOn has entries on APRIL and April, they are 2 different groups.

Yeah, it was shitty of Starship to not acknowledge the fandom, but if CRAVITY has been in the plans for a long time, then CRAVITY should be TMed, no?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
B.T.S and BTS are not the same, just how APRIL and April are also not the same. MelOn has entries on APRIL and April, they are 2 different groups.

Yeah, it was shitty of Starship to not acknowledge the fandom, but if CRAVITY has been in the plans for a long time, then CRAVITY should be TMed, no?
But BTS was rejected when B.T.S was still trademarked. Not every group is trademarked tho.
CRAVITY is owned by someone but it's really fishy. It's the only thing not owned by Starship themselves and the owner only owns that trademark in a few categories
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread