- Joined
- 4 November 2018
- Messages
- 33,247
- Reactions Received
- 81,309
- Location
- Beat Interactive
- Cards
- View Profile
- KS Coins
- 13,036
- Fandom
- Choice
- Gender
- Male
- Pronouns
- He/Him
- Ship
You might think, what the heck does the title mean?
Let me explain,
when listening to whatever music, I like to imagine K-Pop Idols singing the song or how they'd dance to it etc..
Yesterday I found a song that I'd love Blackpink to release, similar to that of course, not the same one.
What "bothers" me the most about Blackpinks music is that their producers are half assing their songs. Of course, the songs are still good, I like some, but I want amazing and not stick with good throughout their career.
Blackpink has a girl crush concept with hype music as I'd describe it, how I feel about it. Their songs are hype, but just like on a "lowkey" level instead of the big, epic hype type. Which is okay as well for people who like just that but me personally, I'd prefer if you'd go all out on a hype track.
So going further I'll just post around 3-5 songs, so basically a mini album and explain my thought process behind each of the choices.
If they'd release similar music to that I'd most likely would start to stan them immediately.
For this "mini album", I decided to choose tracks that are a bit more darker, reminiscent of their Coachella performances, than their usual more happier/upbeat songs.
It's hard to find 100% fitting songs due to the lack of rap but Jennie and Lisa would easily be able to get something in them.
Track 01 - Intro
I wasn't sure if I'd prefer the whole track as the Intro or only till 1:08, however the song would be an amazing opening for their concerts, just imagining them walking on stage with this would be an epic introduction, maybe a great solo choreo from Lisa as well would give it that cherry on top.
(Since Blackpink normally promotes 2 of their tracks, I decided for a title and a sub-title as well.)
Track 02 - Sub/Title
This song continues the epic feeling from the intro for me, it'd be an amazing song for Rosé and Jisoo, definitely showcasing their vocals more than the group's rap. It also is similar to Blackpink's sub titles imo, since most of the time they aren't as hard hitting as their titles but still have some type of hype in them.
Track 03 - Main Title
When I heard the "rap" part (0:46) I had to think about Lisa for a reason, I think she and Jennie would be able to put like some great, fast rap into a similar instrumental like that, overall it's definitely unusual for Blackpink, but when thinking about each part and who sings it it would fit really well. Especially the pre-chorus reminds me of Blackpink songs.
Track 04 - B-Side 1
Of course there has to be a ballad, I'm really picky with ballads but Stay is still one of my favorite songs by them so it's hard finding one that would fit Blackpink but I think in this case Kehlani's song fits well for me.
Track 05 - B-Side 2
I think something like this would make for a good ending, it's not too hard hitting nor too slow, I actually thought about putting this as one of the titles with the MV being the girls in like Kill Bill clothes and fighting a version of themselves which would make for a great MV but I think as a finisher for the album it's good as well.
So that's my mini album for Blackpink, take from it what you want, I just like doing things like this, those "what if" scenarios, maybe you'll even like a few of the songs I posted as well, who knows
I don't know if I'm gonna do that for other groups as well yet
Loona or NCT would probably be next then.
Tagging some peeps that might be interested
@mirella @goyo @Darkyoda47 @Vikki @RainbowDevil @Queen @Ozymandias @Tir @Pigeon @Soleski @baekk @perhapz @kuro @Baechu @Walnutt
Let me explain,
when listening to whatever music, I like to imagine K-Pop Idols singing the song or how they'd dance to it etc..
Yesterday I found a song that I'd love Blackpink to release, similar to that of course, not the same one.
What "bothers" me the most about Blackpinks music is that their producers are half assing their songs. Of course, the songs are still good, I like some, but I want amazing and not stick with good throughout their career.
Blackpink has a girl crush concept with hype music as I'd describe it, how I feel about it. Their songs are hype, but just like on a "lowkey" level instead of the big, epic hype type. Which is okay as well for people who like just that but me personally, I'd prefer if you'd go all out on a hype track.
So going further I'll just post around 3-5 songs, so basically a mini album and explain my thought process behind each of the choices.
If they'd release similar music to that I'd most likely would start to stan them immediately.
For this "mini album", I decided to choose tracks that are a bit more darker, reminiscent of their Coachella performances, than their usual more happier/upbeat songs.
It's hard to find 100% fitting songs due to the lack of rap but Jennie and Lisa would easily be able to get something in them.
Track 01 - Intro
I wasn't sure if I'd prefer the whole track as the Intro or only till 1:08, however the song would be an amazing opening for their concerts, just imagining them walking on stage with this would be an epic introduction, maybe a great solo choreo from Lisa as well would give it that cherry on top.
(Since Blackpink normally promotes 2 of their tracks, I decided for a title and a sub-title as well.)
Track 02 - Sub/Title
This song continues the epic feeling from the intro for me, it'd be an amazing song for Rosé and Jisoo, definitely showcasing their vocals more than the group's rap. It also is similar to Blackpink's sub titles imo, since most of the time they aren't as hard hitting as their titles but still have some type of hype in them.
Track 03 - Main Title
When I heard the "rap" part (0:46) I had to think about Lisa for a reason, I think she and Jennie would be able to put like some great, fast rap into a similar instrumental like that, overall it's definitely unusual for Blackpink, but when thinking about each part and who sings it it would fit really well. Especially the pre-chorus reminds me of Blackpink songs.
Track 04 - B-Side 1
Of course there has to be a ballad, I'm really picky with ballads but Stay is still one of my favorite songs by them so it's hard finding one that would fit Blackpink but I think in this case Kehlani's song fits well for me.
Track 05 - B-Side 2
I think something like this would make for a good ending, it's not too hard hitting nor too slow, I actually thought about putting this as one of the titles with the MV being the girls in like Kill Bill clothes and fighting a version of themselves which would make for a great MV but I think as a finisher for the album it's good as well.
So that's my mini album for Blackpink, take from it what you want, I just like doing things like this, those "what if" scenarios, maybe you'll even like a few of the songs I posted as well, who knows
I don't know if I'm gonna do that for other groups as well yet
Tagging some peeps that might be interested
@mirella @goyo @Darkyoda47 @Vikki @RainbowDevil @Queen @Ozymandias @Tir @Pigeon @Soleski @baekk @perhapz @kuro @Baechu @Walnutt