☆☆Crunchyroll Anime Awards 2018☆☆ (1 Viewer)

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Glad I tuned in again xD I would've missed it otherwise. Thanks for the tag!
No problem! ^^ I'm glad that people check these out and find them useful : )
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Forgot to post who I voted earlier, so in the end I decided to vote for:


Best Protagonist: Retsuko (Aggretsuko)
Best Antagonist: Ryo Asuka (Devilman Crybaby)

Best Boy: Izuku Midoriya (My hero academia season 3)
Best Girl: Anzu (Hinamatsuri)

Best Opening Sequence: Pop team Epic (Pop Team Epic- Sumire Uesaka /Chihiro Sato)
Best Ending Sequence: Attack on Titan Season 3 (Akatsuki no requim- Linked Horizon / Satoshi Kadowaki)

Best VA performance (JP): Rareko as Retsuko in Aggretsuko
Best VA performance (ENG): Erica Mendez as Retsuko in Aggretsuko

Best Director: Masaaki Yuasa (Devilman Crybaby)
Best Animation: Violet Evergarden (Studio: Kyoto Animation)

Best Film: Mirai of the Future

Best Character Design: Violet Evergarden (by Akiko Takase)

Anime of the Year: Devilman Crybaby

Best Fight Scene: Satan vs Devilman (Devilman crybaby)

Best Continuing Series: One Piece


It was bit hard to decide cause I haven't seen most of stuff and didn't have time to watch it either, so had to go bit with feeling I have got of the anime from what people have talked and some visual stuff I have seen like amvs or so. Ended up giving quite lot to Devilman Crybaby, plan to watch it later hopefully it's good and deserved my votes xd
 
  • Like
Reactions: Soleski

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Friendly reminder for those interested that the the award show with live stream is starting soonish- in 5 and half hour (6 pm PST).

You can watch the show here:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Winners (bolded) for Crunchyroll anime awards 2018

Best Protagonist:
  • Retsuko (Aggretsuko)
  • Yumejo Jabami (Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler)
  • Joe (Megalobox)
  • Violet Evergarden (Violet Evergarden)
  • Rimuru Tempest (That time I got reincarnated as a smile)
  • Sakuta Azusagawa (Rascal does not dream of bunny girl senpai).
Best Antagonist:
  • Ryo Asuka (Devilman Crybaby)
  • Akane Shinjo (SSSS. Gridman)
  • All for One (My Hero Academia season 3)
  • Yuri (Megalobox)
  • Tokushiro Tsurumi (Golden Kamuy)
  • Momonga (Overlord III)
Best Boy:

  • Kotaro Tatsumi (Zombie land saga)
  • Honda-san (Skull-face bookseller Honda-san)
  • Izuku Midoriya (My hero academia season 3)
  • Sakuta Azusagawa (Rascal does not dream of bunny girl senpai)
  • Haida (Aggretsuko)
  • Joe (Megalobox)
Best Girl:

  • Anzu (Hinamatsuri)
  • Hinata Miyake (A place further than universe)
  • Lily Hoshikawa (Zombie land saga)
  • Asirpa (Golden Kamuy)
  • Nadeshiko Kagamihara (Laid-back camp)
  • Mai Sakurajima (Rascal does not dream of bunny girl senpai)
Best Opening Sequence:

  • Wotakoi: Love is hard for Otaku (Fiction- Sumika / Takashi Horiuchi with Sachiko Harada)
  • Darling in the Franxx (Kiss of Death- Mika nakashima x Hyde / Toshigumi Akai with Storyboards by Atsushi Nishigori)
  • Kakegurui: Compulsive Gambler (Deal with Devil- Tia / Sayo Yamamoto)
  • Pop team Epic (Pop Team Epic- Sumire Uesaka /Chihiro Sato)
  • Aggretsuko (Aggretsuko theme- Miura Jam / Rareko)
  • Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: Golden Win (Fighting Gold- Coda / Yasuhiro Kimura
Best Ending Sequence:

  • Megalobox (Kakatte koi yo- Nakamuraemi / You Moyriyama)
  • Attack on Titan Season 3 (Akatsuki no requim- Linked Horizon / Satoshi Kadowaki)
  • After the Rain (ReF:RAIN- Aimer / Shizue Kaneko)
  • FLCL Alternative (Star Overhead- The Pillows / Wataru Uekusa)
  • Revue Starlight (Fly me to the star - Starlight / Kukugumi & Mebachi)
  • FLCL Progressive (Spiky Seeds - The Pillows / Hakuyu Go)
Best VA performance (JP):

  • Mamoru Miyano as Kotaro Tasumi in Zombie land Saga
  • Soma Saito as Honda-san in Skull-face bookseller Honda-San
  • Megumi Han as Miki Makimura in Devilman Crybaby
  • Nao Toyama as Rin shima in Laid-back Camp
  • Rareko as Retsuko in Aggretsuko
  • Reina Ueda as Akane Shinjo in SSSS.Gridman
Best VA performance (ENG):

  • Kari Wahlgren as Haruko Haruhara in FLCL Progressive
  • Christopher Sabat as Allmight in My hero academia season 3
  • Erica Mendez as Retsuko in Aggretsuko
  • David Wald as Narrator in Mr Tonegawa: Middle management blues
  • Tia Ballard as Zero Two in Darling in the Franxx
  • Erika Harlacher as Violet Evergarden in Violet Evergarden
Best Director:

  • Masaaki Yuasa (Devilman Crybaby)
  • Atsuko Ishizuka (A place further than the universe)
  • You Moriyama (Megalobox)
  • Yohei Suzuki (Planet With)
  • Taichi Ishidate (Violet Evergarden)
  • Hiroko Utsumi (Banana Fish)
Best Animation:

  • Violet Evergarden (Studio: Kyoto Animation)
  • Devilman Crybaby (Studio: Science Saru)
  • Megalobox (Studio: TMS Entertainment/3XCUBE)
  • A Place further than the universe (Studio: Madhouse)
  • Bloom into You (Studio: Troyca)
  • My Hero Academia Season 3 (Studio: Bones)
Best Film:

  • The Night is Short, Walk on Girl
  • My Hero Academia: Two Heroes
  • Mirai of the Future
  • Liz and the Blue Bird
  • Mazinger Z: Infinity
  • Fireworks
Best Character Design:

  • Violet Evergarden (by Akiko Takase)
  • Devilman Crybaby (by Kiyotaka Oshiyama)
  • Zombieland Saga (by Kasumi Fukagawa)
  • Megalobox (by Hiroshi Shimizu)
  • Aggretsuko (by Sanrio)
  • Jojo's bizarre adventure: golden wind (by Takahiro Kishida)
Anime of the Year:

  • A Place further than the universe
  • Devilman Crybaby
  • Megalobox
  • Violet Evergarden
  • Hinamatsuri
  • Zombie land saga
Sponsored:

Best Fight Scene:

  • Hina vs Anzu (Hinamatsuri)
  • All for one vs All Might (My hero academia season 3)
  • Naruto & Sasuke vs Momoshiki (Boruto: Naruto next generations)
  • Jiren vs Goku (Dragon Ball Super)
  • Yami vs Licht (Black Clover)
  • Satan vs Devilman (Devilman crybaby)
Best Continuing Series:

  • The Ancient Magus' Bride
  • Dragon Ball Super
  • Black Clover
  • March comes in like a lion
  • One Piece
  • Boruto: Naruto next generations

Tags? for parties possible interested :llama_eyes: @Constellation @ilovebread @KoaCube @Lowkey @emanresu @Lovely_Cornchips @SuddenlyKfan @Mangoey @la_mort_pour_vous @Tpse @Soulless_Senpai @Blacklily96 @4Ren @Soogi @lexusuwu @Kazumi @notthatmarko @Minyoongimin @Soleski (also please tell if you want into or out of the anime tag list)
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
And well yes some of my opinions;

I'm pretty happy overall I guess, I mean could have been better and not many of my picks won, but I was still happy with most that did. Some of my fav shows didn't get nominated at all (Goblin Slayer, Cells at work), but lot of good stuff was.

Bnha got nominated lot less this year which is good, but still kinda won too much- they won 5 of the 6 awards they were nominated for (I would have rioted if Violet Evergarden lost best animation to BnHa especially since I find BnHa's animation mostly ugly sorry Bones). Really happy for Violet for best animation. And well happy for Deku for best boy i will give that to bnha xd

Also happy for Darling Franxx for op voted for Pop team epic, but song wise Darling Franxx was best pick. My pick for ed won so gotta be happy for that too.

I hoped more wins for Zombieland saga that I have just started to watch and it's actually amazing. Good job for Mamoru Miyano for that VA award though. If it's not Rareko for Retsuko, it gotta be Mamoru Miyano.

Some upsets for me are Rimuru for protag, he's alright, but I find the anime boring already. Best fight being All for one and All might wasn't that interesting. Also not enough wins for Zombieland saga and none for Aggretsuko were downers. I would have given best protag to Retsuko from Aggretsuko and anime of the year (from those nominations) to zombieland saga or violet evergarden.. and also character design for zombieland saga.
 
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
5,047
Reactions Received
18,455
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8
Ship
Hm.. I am not a fan of My hero academia, but congrats, they sure won most of the awards
as for my opinions:
I would choose sasuke & naruto vs momoshiki as best fight scene cause it was epic
and I would choose OP as the best continuing series, just because I am biased lol

and I never heard of devilman crybaby, but I will check it out
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Hm.. I am not a fan of My hero academia, but congrats, they sure won most of the awards
as for my opinions:
I would choose sasuke & naruto vs momoshiki as best fight scene cause it was epic
and I would choose OP as the best continuing series, just because I am biased lol

and I never heard of devilman crybaby, but I will check it out
I would choose One Piece too, it's like the series that never ends and is always ongoing, they don't even take breaks xd

Devilman crybaby is popular for sure, I haven't quite watched whole thing through myself. It's on Netflix too. Though it does have lot of violence, nudity and sex I have to say that first ep did shock me cause I was warned before hand, but oh boy. Just won't watch it when you have parents in your room/visiting you xd
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey and Soleski
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
5,047
Reactions Received
18,455
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8
Ship
I would choose One Piece too, it's like the series that never ends and is always ongoing, they don't even take breaks xd

Devilman crybaby is popular for sure, I haven't quite watched whole thing through myself. It's on Netflix too. Though it does have lot of violence, nudity and sex I have to say that first ep did shock me cause I was warned before hand, but oh boy. Just won't watch it when you have parents in your room/visiting you xd
ok you really make me more curious now :D
 

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Personally I love BNHA and while I am happy that they won as much as they did and think that they deserved it... it's still way too much. They basically dominated the awards. Idk I feel like the awards could've been distributed better.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Personally I love BNHA and while I am happy that they won as much as they did and think that they deserved it... it's still way too much. They basically dominated the awards. Idk I feel like the awards could've been distributed better.
It's kinda just that it's so popular that as long as Bnha is nominated it will almost always win. Almost cause it won 5 out of 6 nominations it got, Violet Evergarden beat Bnha in Best Animation category (which I was very happy about I think Violet's animation is just gorg. But well i think it's more of fault of voters in this cause than Crunchyroll since although Bnha got 6 nominations, there was other shows that got more like Devilman crybaby got 7 nominations (and won 2) and Megalobox had 8 nominations (won 0). Arguably Bnha although it not necessary deserve win all of 5 it did (for example the movie one) it did deserve nominations in most of them i think.

Still i hope they will tone Bnha nominations even more down for this years awards (since Bnha is getting 4th season) and only have it couple categories where it's absolutely deserving. Like personally I wouldn't have put Bnha for movie category, yes they had movie, but putting tv anime there with a movie is going to be bit unfair for movies that are stand alones- it will likely get more votes just cause franchise).
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
It's kinda just that it's so popular that as long as Bnha is nominated it will almost always win. Almost cause it won 5 out of 6 nominations it got, Violet Evergarden beat Bnha in Best Animation category (which I was very happy about I think Violet's animation is just gorg. But well i think it's more of fault of voters in this cause than Crunchyroll since although Bnha got 6 nominations, there was other shows that got more like Devilman crybaby got 7 nominations (and won 2) and Megalobox had 8 nominations (won 0). Arguably Bnha although it not necessary deserve win all of 5 it did (for example the movie one) it did deserve nominations in most of them i think.

Still i hope they will tone Bnha nominations even more down for this years awards (since Bnha is getting 4th season) and only have it couple categories where it's absolutely deserving. Like personally I wouldn't have put Bnha for movie category, yes they had movie, but putting tv anime there with a movie is going to be bit unfair for movies that are stand alones- it will likely get more votes just cause franchise).
Yeah I agree. They really should be careful with nominations when it comes to popular shows, since those are more likely to get wins even if another show objectively did better in the category.

It's a shame about Megalo box though. I haven't seen it yet (was planning to), but the premise looked pretty cool, it had decent art style, and I thought it would win at least 1 of the categories it was nominated for.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
@blueberries Have you watched that bunny girl senpai anime? It has high ratings and it even won some awards here. The reason I'm holding back on watching is because a lot of people have given it shit reviews lol.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
@blueberries Have you watched that bunny girl senpai anime? It has high ratings and it even won some awards here. The reason I'm holding back on watching is because a lot of people have given it shit reviews lol.
It's one of few one's i haven't actually so i can't comment a lot about it other than i have actually heard of good things more than bad? Lot of people say it's bit deceiving and ended up not being about bunny girls and apparently characters were good.. but can't say for myself : /
 
  • Like
Reactions: Darkyoda47

Darkyoda47

♡ Jessica's Slave ♡
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
10,716
Reactions Received
52,564
Location
Buddy Hole
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
279
Fandom
Golden Star
Gender
Male
Ship
It's one of few one's i haven't actually so i can't comment a lot about it other than i have actually heard of good things more than bad? Lot of people say it's bit deceiving and ended up not being about bunny girls and apparently characters were good.. but can't say for myself : /
Hmm I'll download a few episodes today and see if I like it. Thanks! ^^
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread