News Crush, pH-1, and Jae donate in support of the Black Lives Matter movement (1 Viewer)

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I think it's nice that musicians are donating on an individual level but if you ask me, these kpop COMPANIES should be donating too! SO much of how the kpop industry functions is DIRECTLY inspired by black culture. The trainee system was inspired by Motown Records artist development program, the music in general takes influences from hip hop and R&B and the visual presentation is UNDENIABLY inspired by Michael Jackson!

To put it bluntly, kpop as we know it today wouldn't exist without Black American music as the blueprint! YG Ent. likes to proclaim themselves as pioneers of Black music in Korea, JYP has Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder plastered all over the walls of their building. I think it's only right for these companies to voice their support PUBLICLY and show their appreciation with their WALLETS!
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
I think it's nice that musicians are donating on an individual level but if you ask me, these kpop COMPANIES should be donating too! SO much of how the kpop industry functions is DIRECTLY inspired by black culture. The trainee system was inspired by Motown Records artist development program, the music in general takes influences from hip hop and R&B and the visual presentation is UNDENIABLY inspired by Michael Jackson!

To put it bluntly, kpop as we know it today wouldn't exist without Black American music as the blueprint! YG Ent. likes to proclaim themselves as pioneers of Black music in Korea, JYP has Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder plastered all over the walls of their building. I think it's only right for these companies to voice their support PUBLICLY and show their appreciation with their WALLETS!
If people cared about Black issues like they care about Black culture>>>>
Especially YGE and their artists
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,384
Reactions Received
151,393
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
If people cared about Black issues like they care about Black culture>>>>
Especially YGE and their artists
Honestly what were they even thinking :jisoosmh:
 

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
If people cared about Black issues like they care about Black culture>>>>
Especially YGE and their artists
They probably didn't mean anything malicious by it but at the same time if YG is gonna base so much of their brand on Blackness then they should start giving their trainees cultural sensitivity training like I've heard some other companies do... smh
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
They probably didn't mean anything malicious by it but at the same time if YG is gonna base so much of their brand on Blackness then they should start giving their trainees cultural sensitivity training like I've heard some other companies do... smh
I'd go as far as saying it's entire identity is rooted in our culture. Aside from older YG artists and Seo Taiji, most of their influences are black artists like Omarion, Missy Eliot, Usher, Ne-Yo etc and they've gotten into tons of controversies for outright plagiarizing from black artists and stealing their image. GD has gotten into multiple controversies for doing black face and as a black person, I can't even get that mad about it since I could tell he was genuinely trying to pay tribute to his idols wtf :jisoosmh:
It's either getting better since khiphop is continuing to develop or I'm just not paying attention anymore. Probably both
istg if the pinks do some shit like that it's on site
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship

JakeyWantsCakey

Stan Treasure!
.
.
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
9,507
Reactions Received
26,077
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I'd go as far as saying it's entire identity is rooted in our culture. Aside from older YG artists and Seo Taiji, most of their influences are black artists like Omarion, Missy Eliot, Usher, Ne-Yo etc and they've gotten into tons of controversies for outright plagiarizing from black artists and stealing their image. GD has gotten into multiple controversies for doing black face and as a black person, I can't even get that mad about it since I could tell he was genuinely trying to pay tribute to his idols wtf :jisoosmh:
It's either getting better since khiphop is continuing to develop or I'm just not paying attention anymore. Probably both
istg if the pinks do some shit like that it's on site
What do you mean the pinks? Like Black Pink? I think we're safe with the girls, Rose and Jennie seem to be culturally aware and I'm sure they must've has those conversations with Lisa and Jisoo too at some point. You have to remember they started promoting in the US at around the same time as Iggy Azailia started to receive all of her cultural appropriation accusations and I'm pretty sure they were asked about it in a Billboard interview once so I would HOPE that they have educated themselves by now...
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
What do you mean the pinks? Like Black Pink? I think we're safe with the girls, Rose and Jennie seem to be culturally aware and I'm sure they must've has those conversations with Lisa and Jisoo too at some point. You have to remember they started promoting in the US at around the same time as Iggy Azailia started to receive all of her cultural appropriation accusations and I'm pretty sure they were asked about it in a Billboard interview once so I would HOPE that they have educated themselves by now...
Best girls :sanapray:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I love them so much
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Tickita

𝒜𝓃 𝒾𝓃𝓋𝒾𝓃𝒸𝒾𝒷𝓁𝑒 𝓈𝓊𝓂𝓂𝑒𝓇.
.
.
.
Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
26,480
Reactions Received
39,142
Location
We're no strangers to love.
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,434
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she, her, mrrp
I think it's nice that musicians are donating on an individual level but if you ask me, these kpop COMPANIES should be donating too! SO much of how the kpop industry functions is DIRECTLY inspired by black culture. The trainee system was inspired by Motown Records artist development program, the music in general takes influences from hip hop and R&B and the visual presentation is UNDENIABLY inspired by Michael Jackson!

To put it bluntly, kpop as we know it today wouldn't exist without Black American music as the blueprint! YG Ent. likes to proclaim themselves as pioneers of Black music in Korea, JYP has Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder plastered all over the walls of their building. I think it's only right for these companies to voice their support PUBLICLY and show their appreciation with their WALLETS!
Agreed! Why stop with your wallet? Use your voice, your platform. Tell us how you care, why you care.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread