Sensitive Curious About how You Feel About the Way Celebrities Discuss Mental Health? (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
No matter the disorder
is there a celebrity who spoke out about mental health
or their own struggles where it was informative
and didn't feel like a ploy?
Or was there a celebrity who spoke out about their mental health
where it completely rubbed you the wrong way?

Why do you think that is if you have an answer for both?
Or just an answer for one-why do you feel that way do you think?

Oh, and please be respectful of people's perspectives-this is a sensitive subject matter.

​
 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
One of the reasons I reallly like NF is because I feel like him talking about mental health is a very honest struggle, he pours his heart and soul into his lyrics to me :sanapray:
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
One of the reasons I reallly like NF is because I feel like him talking about mental health is a very honest struggle, he pours his heart and soul into his lyrics to me :sanapray:
Yes-he does a great job. I think that's why I enjoy Yungblud too. He focused on his own struggles but also talks about his fans and other struggles in his songs in a non-flashy way. It seems super genuine and I appreciate that-I'm watching a video right now about Tess Holiday's new diagnosis and the way it's all happening is rubbing me the wrong way.
 
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Yili

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Yes-he does a great job. I think that's why I enjoy Yungblud too. He focused on his own struggles but also talks about his fans and other struggles in his songs in a non-flashy way. It seems super genuine and I appreciate that-I'm watching a video right now about Tess Holiday's new diagnosis and the way it's all happening is rubbing me the wrong way.
i have been interested in yungblud too so i will have to check him out!
what about tess holiday's diagnosis? i haven't heard the news
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
i have been interested in yungblud too so i will have to check him out!
what about tess holiday's diagnosis? i haven't heard the news
She got diagnosed with anorexia but she doesn't fit a majority of the criteria that comes with the disorder and seems as she's using the diagnosis to preach about fat acceptance and HAES.



Obviously-this is just Kiana's take on it but she's someone I respect pretty heavily-obviously trigger warning for ED.
 
  • Wow
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Yili

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
She got diagnosed with anorexia but she doesn't fit a majority of the criteria that comes with the disorder and seems as she's using the diagnosis to preach about fat acceptance and HAES.



Obviously-this is just Kiana's take on it but she's someone I respect pretty heavily-obviously trigger warning for ED.
i'll watch the video while i'm doing my dailies but yeah it looks a bit concerning
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
i'll watch the video while i'm doing my dailies but yeah it looks a bit concerning
I know it can be upsetting to have people question a diagnosis you got but it's just understandable that people are questioning it given Tess's social media presence.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I know it can be upsetting to have people question a diagnosis you got but it's just understandable that people are questioning it given Tess's social media presence.
it's normal to suspect anything a celebrity says tbh bc any of them can have other motivations behind it
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
it's normal to suspect anything a celebrity says tbh bc any of them can have other motivations behind it
True-I never thought of it that way because I know people can get incredibly defensive when it comes to their faves. I think in America because mental health is more talked about than in other countries like South Korea for example it's easier for people to exploit it for gain. So it can come across as disgenious.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
True-I never thought of it that way because I know people can get incredibly defensive when it comes to their faves. I think in America because mental health is more talked about than in other countries like South Korea for example it's easier for people to exploit it for gain. So it can come across as disgenious.
yeah bc it is more normalized it can be seen as virtue signaling bc it is known to be received positively for the most part
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I like it when celebrities speak up about mental illness whether it’s their own or someone else’s. It shows that they’re human too.
The only thing I don’t thing I don’t like is when they use their mental illness as an excuse for their bad actions
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
yeah bc it is more normalized it can be seen as virtue signaling bc it is known to be received positively for the most part
And sadly that can also end up being toxic...it's such a like very fragile subject matter? But it's understandable as to why because of stigmas that can so easily be created from celebrities talking about their experiences with disorders-and I mean misdiagnosis happen a lot sadly and preaching about a disorder that you may've been misdiagnosed for can lead to more issues if you are preaching about the disorder you got misdiagnosed for with such confidence.


I have no clue if any of that made ANY sense.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yili

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I like it when celebrities speak up about mental illness whether it’s their own or someone else’s. It shows that they’re human too.
The only thing I don’t thing I don’t like is when they use their mental illness as an excuse for their bad actions
The same basically-I also think it can just be harmful if they are spreading general misinformation about the disorder as they aren't fully educated on the disorder themselves.
 
  • Like
Reactions: lexus

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
And sadly that can also end up being toxic...it's such a like very fragile subject matter? But it's understandable as to why because of stigmas that can so easily be created from celebrities talking about their experiences with disorders-and I mean misdiagnosis happen a lot sadly and preaching about a disorder that you may've been misdiagnosed for can lead to more issues if you are preaching about the disorder you got misdiagnosed for with such confidence.


I have no clue if any of that made ANY sense.
definitely it can be toxic to have that mind set yeah bc then it makes it uncomfortable for people to talkabout their real struggles yeah
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
definitely it can be toxic to have that mind set yeah bc then it makes it uncomfortable for people to talkabout their real struggles yeah
Thnk you for reading that trash heap and pretending it was coherent.
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Yili

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Haha
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Jonghyun was definitely very honest about it which I appreciate.
While South Korea's stigma around mental health sucks ass I genuinely feel it makes it more real when celebrities actually open up about their mental health struggles because they are doing it KNOWINGLY aware that they may get shit for it (which is awful) but it shows a lot of strength. I mean I know that Gong Yoo has been a pretty big Mental Health advocate too. One reason why I admire him as well.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Jae is rly open about mental health and his struggle with it.

I dont rly think there has been negative rep at least in kpop rather i gues its still stigmatised cause idols sadly get lot of ignorant comments about it.

But there is some outside of it like influences who have faked illness for attention, used it to justify being awful etc.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Lovely_Cornchips

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread