Appreciation Darth Vader - Issue #1 Review (1 Viewer)

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Finally have something to motivate me to actually read these comics! Les goooo!
The first chapter is actually epic, a really nice start.

Starts off with Anakin being manipulated by Palpatine for the billionth time and it really never ceases to make me go "wow, Anakin is fucking stupid". Anyway despite it being stupid the way in which they talk is really interesting to me and how Palpatine knows that Anakin is stronger than him so he has to use these underhanded tactics to keep him at bay.
We also see the start of the Empires propaganda upon the citizens after the "traitorous" Jedi were killed. They burn all their lightsabers as Palpatine tells Anakin that he has to get his own lightsaber, in the process he explains how red lightsabers are made. They are essentially normal lightsabers (the crystals within them are actually alive in a way) but they are bent to the Siths will and imbued by their rage so they turn a crimson red. The issues is pretty short tho, the rest of it is just Anakin going to another planet, getting his ship stolen and just killing a bunch of scavengers with just the force. He literally turned their bullets backwards, that was pretty dope.
A nice introduction to the story and a nice wrap up to what happened after Palpatine saved him from his almost dead state.
(Theres also a really cute like mini comic at the end done in a different art style and it's comedic, I find it endearing cause it's an interesting look at Star Wars if it wasn't so grim all the time)

I think I'll do the rest of the reviews for multiple issues since they are pretty short.
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Ayy what a coincidence, I began reading comics today too lmao. Review coming up shortly. I'll do one review for issues #1-5 together of the Darth Maul series, since it's one story and just better that way.
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
This makes me want to read the comics tho...
:nakypog:
I do highly recommend em, comics are the easiest way to both learn stuff and experience something visually without it having to have a giant budget. Just get a good artist and a good writer and you got yourself something awesome.
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
Ayy what a coincidence, I began reading comics today too lmao. Review coming up shortly. I'll do one review for issues #1-5 together of the Darth Maul series, since it's one story and just better that way.
Don't forget to tag me when you do! And yea it definitely makes more sense to do multiple since they are pretty short story wise. Visually theres a lot but text is scarce as expected since it's just dialogue usually.
 
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I do highly recommend em, comics are the easiest way to both learn stuff and experience something visually without it having to have a giant budget. Just get a good artist and a good writer and you got yourself something awesome.
I wish I could get a printed copy but in my country they barely sell comics (or even manga) of Marvel or DC, let alone Star Wars.
:pepecry2:
 

RainbowDevil

Lucifers Favorite Son
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
5,597
Reactions Received
18,451
Location
Serbia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-52
Fandom
Multi-king
Gender
Male
Ship
I wish I could get a printed copy but in my country they barely sell comics (or even manga) of Marvel or DC, let alone Star Wars.
:pepecry2:
It's a similar case here, I do have some printed comics but they are usually pretty old and often not in English... thankfully I have one of my favorites in English and printed. I don't mind reading em online tho since I wouldn't be reading em otherwise so I'm not doing anything bad essentially...
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: yeji and Ashla_K
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,551
Reactions Received
12,217
Location
Irene's hands
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
It's a similar case here, I do have some printed comics but they are usually pretty old and often not in English... thankfully I have one of my favorites in English and printed. I don't mind reading em online tho since I wouldn't be reading em otherwise so I'm not doing anything bad essentially...
I just found a good reading site in Spanish, it seems like the force is strong within me today.
:pepesmug:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
dang so cool
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread