Did you know Russia has 2 historical anthems copied/inspired by other countries anthems? (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,396
Reactions Received
151,407
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
3 if you count the USSR. And granted, many counties also borrowed God Save the King officially or unofficially. But it still counts.

First, we have the one everyone copies, God Save The King. The Russian one is Molitva Russkikh, which means prayer of the Russians. The lyrics differ ofc, but the melody is the same. This was the anthem of imperial Russia from 1816-1833. Funny thing is that the next Russian anthem was called “God Save the Tsar”, but that one did not use the tune of God Save the King.




The second is the French anthem, La Marseillaise. It’s modified both in terms of lyrics and overall tune and instrumentation, though still recognizable as the French anthem. It was used as an anthem by the Russian Provisional Government (post Russian Revolution, but pre Soviet Russia/Soviet Union) and it was also used alongside The International as an anthem for a short time when the Soviets gained power. So it only lasted around 1 year as an anthem.




With the USSR you can make a case for it being copied/inspired or not. I say no because Russia is considered the successor state, and the guy who wrote the lyrics to one of the old Soviet versions write the lyrics to the Russian one. So it’s more reusing than copying.

 
  • Like
  • Wow
Reactions: Boyo and Selfmate

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,396
Reactions Received
151,407
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
can you sing the Russian national athem?
Well I can’t sing period so that’s a thing :teatea: But more seriously, I don’t know most of the lyrics, I can only get select words here and there right
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Selfmate
Joined
13 January 2023
Messages
50,665
Reactions Received
55,496
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
285,959
Well I can’t sing period so that’s a thing :teatea: But more seriously, I don’t know most of the lyrics, I can only get select words here and there right
same as most people I guess

I can sing parts of the Chinese Athem and parts of the Australian Anthem...

I can't sing either but I think that's what makes it interesting (at least during karoake)
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,396
Reactions Received
151,407
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
same as most people I guess

I can sing parts of the Chinese Athem and parts of the Australian Anthem...

I can't sing either but I think that's what makes it interesting (at least during karoake)
I can definitely sing the US anthem in full :haylul: I also know more of the Soviet anthem than Russian because my sister used to sing it when I was younger
 
  • Wow
Reactions: Selfmate

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,189
Reactions Received
52,518
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,742
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Always love learning new things
thanks @Ahsoka

so it complimented other anthems nice
 
  • Love
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread