Did you struggle learning English language when growing up? (1 Viewer)

uran

xoxoxo
.
Joined
19 January 2020
Messages
14,172
Reactions Received
18,927
Location
My house
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
7,833
Fandom
🐀🐂🍜🧸🎮
Gender
Male
Ship
I started learning english after i changed elementary in 6th grade. The teacher i had in my first elementary kept telling me i will never leaen english and its just waste of time to teach me so i lost all the motivation to learn english. The teacher i got when i changed elementaries awakened my interest to learn english and after that it didnt take long for me to learn it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: perhapz and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Not really, it was like a natural proccess I guess?
I'm self-taugt, so I just learned it little by little. I'm not fluent tho, but I can comprehend it 100%. My speaking is poor, since I don't practice that much. But I wouldn't say it was a struggle, it was fun.
your speaking isnt poor hapz :jisoosmh:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
languages come kinda naturally for me. It‘s not too difficult for me to pick languages up.

btw. I am someone who always watches shows in english. especially if they are from an english speaking country.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
  • Love
Reactions: perhapz

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Yes and no? I felt like struggled with some things and some others were relatively easy for me. Ofc comparing to others who speak English as foreign language not native speakers.

I wasn't really taught to pronounce and speak English at some point and it really shows still. I have to first think what to say before saying it and then I have to also think how to actually pronounce it in my head. And I'm not always understood, depends on listener. So that's the part I have been struggling most and still struggle with.
 
  • Like
Reactions: username1 and yeji
D

Deleted member 74

Umm though I was born in Australia, I'm the first child of immigrant parents who barely knew English themselves. So when I entered elementary, I had to learn English with an English teacher from scratch and I learnt it fully in two years, from the first grade to third grade when I was 5-7 years old. I had an accent then, but when I turned around 9 I became fluent in both speech and accent. It was really difficult for me to communicate and understand English growing up for sure.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread