Differences between different acrobatic tricks (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,388
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I've seen many kpop fans not knowing the differences between them and calling them by the wrong names, so I decided to make a thread about it. Note that I am using gymnastics definitions here, common definitions may be different.

First common category is walkovers. In a walkover, you take off from one foot, go onto your hands, and land on one foot again. There is no flight(points where neither your hand nor feet touch the ground. It is not a flip, that will come later.
Front walkover



Back walkover


A handspring involves flight. However, unlike a flip, the hands touch the ground at some point.
Front handspring stepout
[2016_MAMA]_NCT_-_DANCE_CONNCECTION_+_Black_On_Black.gif


Back handspring


There are multiple kinds of no handed skills, including aerials and flips. Both require no hands to touch the ground. In an aerial, you take off from and land on one foot.
Front aerial



Side aerial

In a flip, you typically take off from 2 feet and land on two feet. I have seen it done taking off with one foot as well this tends to be a martial arts form of a flip and rarely done in gymnastics, so I'm not sure which it would be categorized as, flip or aerial.



The one on the right is doing a front flip and in the left is a back flip.


I hope this was at least a bit informative to some you guys probably don't care much about terminology but in case anyone does I decided to make this thread. :pikahappy:
 
Last edited:

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,134
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,488
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Whenever I see an idol do something like that I call all of them “Those cool flip moves”

Let’s see if I can actually remember this information.
:susPepe:
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
Whenever I see an idol do something like that I call all of them “Those cool flip moves”

Let’s see if I can actually remember this information.
:susPepe:
I remember seeing some yt comment naming a bunch of the acrobatic moves of Chinese traditional and I was like "oh this is coll, I better remember it" and my brain forgot everything 2s later
I even forgot what the video was about :wimwim:
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
such a wonderful thread
 
  • Love
Reactions: Ahsoka

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread