Difficulties supporting your favorite idols as foreign fans? (1 Viewer)

Joined
30 January 2020
Messages
2
Reactions Received
6
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I am Korean fan who lives in Seoul, and a big fan of kpop idols! I was curious to fans who live in other countries.
Are there any difficulties supporting your favorite idols as foreign fans? and also are u satisfied with the current communication with your idol? If you are not satisfied,
What kind of contents are more needed to the fans? (Just wanted to hear from foreign fans who love kpop idols! )
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Smaller groups don't have as many translators to break through the language barrier. It's difficult to get accurate subs in a timely manner.
That's all that I can think of
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Why em I remminded of this video:



Well aside from lost in translation, looking for a translation:

To be honest being a foreign fan you don't get special opportunities like those in Korea. I mean how many of us would have been to a concert by now or a fan signing if they were available. Then it's the added juggle to find legit places to buy anything at a decent price without getting ripped off. Never mind if you are chasing Japanese releases. For those of you who live in areas in which shipping is a bugger RIP your wallet.

Then you have people who don't understand why you listen to "foreign music" and/or "your not (insert race) why do you insert (country)'s music".
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,057
Reactions Received
52,509
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,062
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Can't really go to any concerts living in Aus and the concerts that do come here, only in big places.
The language barrier doesn't really concern me all too much, since my mum is Asian so I sort of pick up on some of the words, because of that.
Well she isn't Korean, but as an Asian as a whole.

It just sounds like listening to my mum talk her language, as I reflect that onto other Asian countries, that I indulge in.
Mostly Thai, Japanese, Korean (South) and Taiwanese Pop
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Wingfrost

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Well for foreign fans I think the support and community is mostly online when with korean fans they can go to concerts, visit theme cafes and museums, music shows, fanmeetings and maybe have some other fan activities together IRL. It's probably lot easier to find other fans to hang around too, like I don't really have any friends that listen kpop here. Though there is sometimes concerts here in my country, which I find still pretty crazy since Finland is pretty much opposite side of world. It's not really my favs though, it's smaller groups.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Basically you rely on translators and a lot of them often spread misinformation and false rumors to bring down a certain idol (this happened this month with Neverlands coming for Shindong).

I stan a lot of nugu's and translation to English rarely happens so I kinda feel a detachment from them. (Even some NCT clips don't have translation).

In my country, it's weird to be a kpop fan and finding a fellow kpop fan is very rare.

Concerts: will never happen in my country (THE HEART OF EUROPE AND THEY FORGET US) and if there's a concert in a country nearby, they're instantly sold out because every European fan wants to see them (and there's only 1 concert) and/or I have school so I can't go.

Voting on Korean websites is a pain in the butt.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
yeah mostly you rely on others with news, trans, subs etc. Money can also be an issue cause not only are the concerts that do happen expensive but even buying albums and the shipping fee can be pretty insane too
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread