Disappointment (扫兴 / "Sǎoxìng") (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,091
Reactions Received
52,956
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
172,224
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I listened to a few of her songs over twenty years ago n kinda liked one. But I was way into western indie artistes then so never bought her music then, I was way more interested in her life story then, w/her marriage n kid/s n watever happened next.
I didn't understand her deep lyrics (tho I'm ethnic Chinese n understand simple mandarin, Hokkien n Cantonese some); so I didn't get more into her.
Interesting her life tho, if I used napster then I probably would hv listened to her more.
One of my favorite (or only ) Chinese 90s idols, tho more for her life than her music n acting, feel I've said this to you before here or elsewhere: she the original Asian ice queen, along w/maybe Maggie cheung n Lin Ching-Hsia also (watched many of their movies from late80s-to-mid90s); so precursor to Sica-of course I love them all.

Do you hv a recommended playlist for Faye Wong(I'm just used to her English name unless I'm speaking Chinese)?
Edit:reading her Wikipedia, "冷戰" a translated version of Tori Amos was her first song I heard n blew me away w/her voice n that she even knew n covered this (to me) obscure indie artiste. I really wanted to know more abt her then but w/out internet n only cassettes around I never bought any (the language barrier didn't help, also not able to read Chinese newspapers n magazines either.) wish I'd been able to get into her music/acting more then.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: igloo and Emanresu

Emanresu

Tzuyu Fanboy
.
Joined
4 December 2018
Messages
3,200
Reactions Received
11,455
Location
USA
Website
emanresukdrama.wordpress.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
205
Fandom
Once, Sone
Gender
Male
I listened to a few of her songs over twenty years ago n kinda liked one. But I was way into western indie artistes then so never bought her music then, I was way more interested in her life story then, w/her marriage n kid/s n watever happened next.
I didn't understand her deep lyrics (tho I'm ethnic Chinese n understand simple mandarin, Hokkien n Cantonese some); so I didn't get more into her.
Interesting her life tho, if I used napster then I probably would hv listened to her more.
One of my favorite (or only ) Chinese 90s idols, tho more for her life than her music n acting, feel I've said this to you before here or elsewhere: she the original Asian ice queen, along w/maybe Maggie cheung n Lin Ching-Hsia also (watched many of their movies from late80s-to-mid90s); so precursor to Sica-of course I love them all.

Do you hv a recommended playlist for Faye Wong(I'm just used to her English name unless I'm speaking Chinese)?
Edit:reading her Wikipedia, "冷戰" a translated version of Tori Amos was her first song I heard n blew me away w/her voice n that she even knew n covered this (to me) obscure indie artiste. I really wanted to know more abt her then but w/out internet n only cassettes around I never bought any (the language barrier didn't help, also not able to read Chinese newspapers n magazines either.) wish I'd been able to get into her music/acting more then.
I took the opposite road to you. I didn't follow her personal life much but feel in love through her as an actress and her early music.

I don't have a playlist off hand but I'll try to put some recommendations together.

I'm not as versed in her later library but I'd check out her Restless album I linked above when you get a chance!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread