Oh I was thinking about this today as well, I've been thinking about it quite often actually.. because I keep noticing how hard it is for people, especially women who are not considered that good looking... it's really unfair and difficult, someone average like me just can't win. Examples are everywhere, this guy at work doesn't fail to point out that I'm no beauty queen like my friends in front of everyone and he acts like me being unattractive is a well known fact rather than his own opinion and preference.. I am not that ugly and it seriously bothers me but he only likes super gorgeous girls even though he's not handsome himself ofc -_- I hope these words don't sound too unfair, but I feel like often men can be whatever because they are men and it's ok, but girls MUST be pretty and all the other great qualities you hold inside don't matter because you won't even be given a chance since there will be no interest and no one will bother to scratch the unappealing surface..... or like my other pretty friend, everything she says that is sometimes a bit dumb seems cute and charming just because she's pretty but if some other girl said it she would be called stupid and mocked for sure.. sorry I went way off topic and ranted lol, anyway, yes in this shallow world being physically beautiful is a big plus.. but in my eyes at least, other things are more important.. but I think a lot of people are different which often causes me to feel disheartened and frustrated