Do you build your own canon imaginative stories from already "set in stone" stories? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,041
Reactions Received
52,938
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
171,018
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
I don't, I accept and respect what the writers come up with, respect can sometimes be limited if it ends up like the last season of Game Of Thrones :kijoongstare:
Uhhm, Game of Thrones might be considered by some ASoIaF book fans (i dont) to be non-canonical fanfic by Benioff n D.B. Weiss- since it diverges from the George R.R. Martin book series(the last 2 books arent even fully finished written yet n tats going on 11 yrs since book 5 A Dance of Dragons was published in 2011, a few mths after AGoT premiered. N after season 1 ended.)

Apart from Season 8, some might hv considered Game of Thrones tv show the 'true' version n the books just a template, maybe like how some consider Connery true James Bond n overlook/dont know Ian Fleming's books/stories as originals.

I just think of it as different versions, sorta how there r so many Batmans, Spider-Mans n Supermans now, n you can hv ur pick. I kinda like both versions. But ur opinion might differ.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mangoey and Myco

Mangoey

⤔ ғ ʟ ᴀ ᴍ ᴀ ɴ ɢ ᴏ ⬹
Joined
2 September 2018
Messages
8,269
Reactions Received
26,625
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
I usually don't. If there's a really good and plausible theory that's stronger than what an author has come up with though, I might start accepting that as canon over what actually is. However, usually, authors seem to know what's best for their work.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Myco

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread