I hate skill based match making. Sometimes I like to try other times I like to just relax. Plus most games have competitive lobbies which I think makes sbmm obsolete.
All games should come with a casual lobby and a competitive one to suit people's needs.
sbmm lobbies don't really make people "better" persay, as you are typically put against those that are around your own skill level. To get better at a game you need to play against great players too, which sbmm takes away from you.
I don't particularly care for it as I don't usually play multiplayer however this topic came up on a stream I was watching and the streamer was of the opinion that they weren't a fan of it because they just couldn't have fun and every game had to be competitive.
Some people in the chat agreed with that however some others brought up the point that if there was no skill based match making it wouldn't be fun for new people just to get destroyed because they're constantly being matched with good players while just trying to learn the game.
I think the real problem with most skill based match making is that they don't really allow an in between for that and it's usually you're being forced to only go up against people of your skill level where as there should be some leeway with that.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
Read more about our cookie policy.