do you ever feel a little bad about unstanning a group? (1 Viewer)

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
I don't feel bad or guilty, as their music just isn't for me anymore. I don't know them personally and it's not like ending a relationship, friendship, or anything like that.
 
Joined
5 June 2019
Messages
539
Reactions Received
1,946
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
If I stop stanning a group it must have a good reason behind it so no?... I can't really remember any group that I don't stan anymore tho...
guess there was a bg that something happened with one important member and I was very disappointed and I don't listen to their songs anymore but I was never a stan of them, does this counts? I was more of a casual "fan"
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Not really. If I don’t like what they put out anymore then I just don’t bother with them. It’s nothing to feel guilty about. You can’t force yourself to love a group. :/
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I understand what you mean but for me I wouldn't say I feel guilty or anything because if you're no longer excited about a group I see no point in trying to stay into their stuff like you used to be. There are other groups who will interest you down the road most likely.
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
It depends on why I unstanned.
If it's problematic members or bad music I don't feel bad
If it's because of inactivity or bad management, I'll feel bad
 

VillageIdiot

It's Time To Break Free Of The Blues
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
19,193
Reactions Received
60,789
Location
Tokki Topia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,207
Fandom
Toxic
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her/Drama Kween
Ship
Wait, you aren't dropping the pinks, are you? :pepecross:
 

Day

♡ ຕɪѕѕɪηɢ уᴏᴜ ♡
.
.
.
Joined
20 October 2018
Messages
126,058
Reactions Received
53,013
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
524,535
Ship
Wreck
Depends on the group really. I mostly feel bad for unstanning groups that have awful/small companies and who won't make it in the long run, because I support the artists I love by buying albums/merch.

Additionally, sometimes I feel bad when I stop liking their music but still like the members. I want to get excited with other fans about comebacks but the hype just fades away and I get disappointed in the end.
 
Joined
21 November 2018
Messages
5,047
Reactions Received
18,455
Location
ARMY Base 💕
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8
Ship
I only "unstanned" one group since I am into kpop and I don't do it well i think :nekosweat:
Like I am still hped when they have a cb and sometimes I still watch their interviews
and since I am following them on insta and fb I still know a lot of things about them

and answering the question, It's not like I feel bad about it, its just hard for me to let "things" go.This is why I will never understand how exstans can actually go and hate on the group they once loved :yolk:
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I feel bit bad, but i can't help unstanning them it's not like i make decision to not stan my interest just fades away.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Wait, you aren't dropping the pinks, are you? :pepecross:
no never! the pinks are what make me happy every day, I would never have a thought of dropping them, it would break my heart :sadcat:
Is there a reason why you would think that?
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
If I stop stanning a group it must have a good reason behind it so no?... I can't really remember any group that I don't stan anymore tho...
guess there was a bg that something happened with one important member and I was very disappointed and I don't listen to their songs anymore but I was never a stan of them, does this counts? I was more of a casual "fan"
tbh yeah, it still counts, occasionally the same thing happens with me, not even just with kpop, in music in general. it's hard to listen to an artist that's very problematic. for example, I can not listen to rkelly songs after finding out what he did.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Abeamus and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I kinda do?
I stan a group for the music and the people in it so it doesn’t make sense to keep a group and stan them when the music direction is not to my liking anymore.
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Yes, especially if I have been stanning them for a long time. But then I remind myself that there are so many other people who will love and support the members in my place so I get over it.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
I haven't really unstanned any group since the closest is EXID going on hiatus but it really depends on the reason like you could feel bad for supporting someone or feel bad because you feel like you're unfairly judging them, but if it's just for a lack of interest then I wouldn't feel bad.
 
  • Like
Reactions: amourpinks and yeji
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
I feel bad because recently I am losing more and more interest about a group that I never thought I would. I am even a little heartbroken because they are the first group that I stan.
that must suck :/ especially since it was your first group and probably you ult at some point
 
  • Like
Reactions: Evergreen
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
8,028
Reactions Received
19,590
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
that must suck :/ especially since it was your first group and probably you ult at some point

It’s EXO. They are/were ( I don’t even know anymore) my UB from 2012 to early 2018. But now I am less excited about their activities and it’s not because the members are enlisting. I feel like that since last year.

Kyungsoo would probably remain my number one though.
 
  • Like
Reactions: amourpinks

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread