Do you feel guilty about spending money? (1 Viewer)

butter

.
Joined
29 December 2022
Messages
1,003
Reactions Received
800
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,183
Fandom
Harunator
Gender
Female
How do you handle it?

I've always suffered from guilt and remorse when spending money as a kid/young adult before I got a job, because the money I was spending was my parents' and not technically mine. It didn't help that I grew up in a very frugal household either; my parents would always remind me how costly my studies were which just made me feel even worse.
So I only just recently, and a couple years after I started to be financially independent, started to feel less guilt about spending money and allow myself to be lavish once in a while. But it's a subject that still brings me anxiety and I'm still not 100% comfortable with it. I still feel bad about spending money even though I don't have any reasons to.

Is there anyone else who suffers from this? And do you have advice?
 
  • Like
Reactions: Yuzuru

Yuzuru

𝐼𝒸𝑒 𝒫𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒
.
Joined
4 February 2021
Messages
5,729
Reactions Received
5,953
Location
𝒩𝑜𝓉𝓉𝑒 𝒮𝓉𝑒𝓁𝓁𝒶𝓉𝒶
Website
www.wattpad.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,225
Fandom
ℱ𝒶𝓃𝓎𝓊
Pronouns
ℐ𝒸𝑒 𝒫𝓇𝒾𝓃𝒸𝑒
I feel you too.
That was myself back then although I’m learning to control my spends by resisting the items I want.
To control my behavior,I put myself on restriction unless I actually need the item.
I’ve been told countless times, “You shouldn’t waste money on items that are actually useless and don’t help you at all.”
So now I just buy stuff with a purpose unless when I can afford that ‘useless’ item is not too much of a problem.
 
  • Love
Reactions: butter
Joined
30 December 2022
Messages
12,435
Reactions Received
9,449
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
76,830
Gender
Male
Is there anyone else who suffers from this? And do you have advice?
Money is just a placeholder for the things you want to see in your life. In the past people paid with shells. Would you have a problem giving someone a shell in exchange for a thing or service you want? When your parents gave you money, they gave you their loving, caring energy in particular.

You can also just imagine that all money that you spent will come back to you in one way or another. Money is a form of energy, and energy wants to float. But only spend the money that you currently have. And spend it for the essential things and needs first.

As always: Just my two cents.
 
Last edited:
  • Love
  • Like
Reactions: Selfmate and butter

butter

.
Joined
29 December 2022
Messages
1,003
Reactions Received
800
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,183
Fandom
Harunator
Gender
Female
Money is just a placeholder for the things you want to see in your life. In the past people paid with shells. Would you have a problem giving someone a shell in exchange for a thing or service you want? When your parents gave you money, they gave you their loving, caring energy in particular.

You can also just imagine that all money that you spent will come back to you in one way or another. Money is a form of energy, and energy wants to float. But only spend the money that you currently have. And spend it for the essential things and needs first.

As always: Just my two cents.
This is a really great answer :pandaamazed: ty. You are totally correct.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Pirioca

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread