Do You Find It Hard To Connect To People? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Do you ever find it hard to connect to people? Whether that be online or off, talking or making friends with people? Gaining a true connection.



Connecting with people is one of my greatest struggles in life. I never know how to approach people and even with people who I think I could be good friends with I get too scared to reach out and further the relationship because I’m afraid of possible rejection. It’s really the reason why I have a solid 3-4 friends.​
 
D

Deleted member 74

Yes, it's always been one of my biggest problems. Especially irl, even with people I'm "close" to or known for a long time, nothing really seems to be there and it seems that when I do feel there is something, it's just me. It's like I'm just not meant to be close with the people in my life
 

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
Yes and I'm not sure why honestly. Like when in class or when working I can communicate perfectly with people but the moment I step out the door I just turn into the most awkward and least social person on Earth. And no matter how much I try, I just can't bring myself to communicate. Even when I do want to talk, I just can't think of a topic that's not related to school or work. My closest friend is my sister and she was kind of forced to be my friend because we're sisters. Like we always say that we wouldn't hang out with each other if we weren't related. Not that either of us are terrible people, we're just polar opposites. But she's the only person I feel close to. And aside from her, the other people I'm closest to are also family members (cousins). I really don't know why I just can't connect.

I have two girls at school who I catch the bus with and although I can communicate with them fine in class, it's just silent when we're out of class. I just have nothing to talk to them about. Luckily the silences between us have turned into a comfy silence rather than an awkward one but how is it possible to not even have one thing to talk about? Every conversation we have ends as soon as it begins. How do people in general have so much to talk about? It's so interesting.
 
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
5,718
Reactions Received
22,690
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Ship
Well yeah, I tend to avoid people. Sometimes it's because of them, but I know it's also because of me. There's a lot I fear and I don't feel comfortable taking too many risks, I try not to get hurt more than I need to... it's weird... I yearn for something that I avoid out of fear and I'm also a really pleasant person yet I've been told I'm difficult to approach in a way... idk anymore, I'm actually a super friendly person, just scared of getting hurt again. I can't really relate to many people, I'm just different... it's better online though since I'm less scared and more sincere
 

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
Oh gosh, yes. Opening up to people, especially in real life, is pretty difficult for me. When I was younger I ended up closing myself off to people and pretty much wouldn’t let anyone in. As I got older though I think it’s as bad, but I still don’t know how to initiate a conversation and keep it going. It’s one of the reasons I don’t have friends in real life. I don’t develop connections easily.
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Yes and I'm not sure why honestly. Like when in class or when working I can communicate perfectly with people but the moment I step out the door I just turn into the most awkward and least social person on Earth. And no matter how much I try, I just can't bring myself to communicate. Even when I do want to talk, I just can't think of a topic that's not related to school or work. My closest friend is my sister and she was kind of forced to be my friend because we're sisters. Like we always say that we wouldn't hang out with each other if we weren't related. Not that either of us are terrible people, we're just polar opposites. But she's the only person I feel close to. And aside from her, the other people I'm closest to are also family members (cousins). I really don't know why I just can't connect.

I have two girls at school who I catch the bus with and although I can communicate with them fine in class, it's just silent when we're out of class. I just have nothing to talk to them about. Luckily the silences between us have turned into a comfy silence rather than an awkward one but how is it possible to not even have one thing to talk about? Every conversation we have ends as soon as it begins. How do people in general have so much to talk about? It's so interesting.
This. This is exactly how I feel.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
I think it's hard, because I need to have common interests with the person to keep the conversation going.

If the person is addicted to yugioh, food, kpop girl groups or kamen rider it makes things easier though
 

mysteric

hysteric
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
14,363
Reactions Received
27,574
Location
the moon
Website
newjeans.carrd.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
8,986
Fandom
MeU & MY
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ✧ her
Ship
Ya. I get along with most, but connecting with them, that’s the hard part. I’m bad at initiating/continuing convos, and I find it hard to open up so truly connecting with someone is something I find really difficult
 

baekk

🌺🌺
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
4,129
Reactions Received
12,479
Location
🌼𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔫
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
It's hard to connect with people irl, not much here. I tend to have the urge to be alone, I don't trust people easily and I tend to be paranoid (I want to change that but I can't), irl I only have one true friend, the rest are just acquaintances to me.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
It's hard to connect with people irl, not much here. I tend to have the urge to be alone, I don't trust people easily and I tend to be paranoid (I want to change that but I can't), irl I only have one true friend, the rest are just acquaintances to me.
Thats a good thing though

Doubting people is the most important part in getting to know them
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ineul_Ze and baekk

baekk

🌺🌺
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
4,129
Reactions Received
12,479
Location
🌼𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔫
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Thats a good thing though

Doubting people is the most important part in getting to know them
Thanks, that's so true. Sometimes it's a little hard
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ineul_Ze and jasque

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread