Do you have an internal monologue? (1 Viewer)

Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
719
Reactions Received
6,480
Location
Buddy Hole @ Zoom
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
What other languages do you speak?
I grew up in a bilingual household: Spanish and English. I’m currently learning Italian and I speak some Japanese as well (only enough to get by and travel though)
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
I grew up in a bilingual household: Spanish and English. I’m currently learning Italian and I speak some Japanese as well (only enough to get by and travel though)
Ooh, i'm sure it would be helpful if the voice could speak those languages too, would be helpful memorizing it haha. It's strange u dont think in Spanish tho :o
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
719
Reactions Received
6,480
Location
Buddy Hole @ Zoom
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ooh, i'm sure it would be helpful if the voice could speak those languages too, would be helpful memorizing it haha. It's strange u dont think in Spanish tho :o
:wimwim: It got so bad my parents enrolled me in a Spanish-English program when I was growing up...I think it didn’t help that my friends were all of different ethnicities growing up and even now so English is the only common language
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
:wimwim: It got so bad my parents enrolled me in a Spanish-English program when I was growing up...I think it didn’t help that my friends were all of different ethnicities growing up and even now so English is the only common language
Well at least u can speak the two most widely used languages in the world, I feel lucky that the one language I can speak is English sometimes, but bi-linguals who speak both of the top 2 most spoken languages are hella lucky. Maybe it's because the education system here really doesn't give a shit about teaching foreign languages but the fact that so many people were raised speaking 2 or more languages is amazing to me. Even if u have a word slip up every now and then it's still amazing to me,
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
719
Reactions Received
6,480
Location
Buddy Hole @ Zoom
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Well at least u can speak the two most widely used languages in the world, I feel lucky that the one language I can speak is English sometimes, but bi-linguals who speak both of the top 2 most spoken languages are hella lucky. Maybe it's because the education system here really doesn't give a shit about teaching foreign languages but the fact that so many people were raised speaking 2 or more languages is amazing to me. Even if u have a word slip up every now and then it's still amazing to me,
I feel you. Growing up, the education system didn’t emphasize foreign language learning (the language program I was in only lasted a year). But like I felt so self-conscious when I was traveling seeing people know at least three languages so I was like I need to step up my game. I suck though :yolk:
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
I feel you. Growing up, the education system didn’t emphasize foreign language learning (the language program I was in only lasted a year). But like I felt so self-conscious when I was traveling seeing people know at least three languages so I was like I need to step up my game. I suck though :yolk:
In both middle school and high school we had like 1 or 2 hours a week. In middle school we learned German for the entire time we were there since there was a German teacher so it made sense, but then in High School we had a year where we switched between Spanish, German and French like one language each term and so we basically would not be able to learn any more than a couple of basics in each language before we moved on, and then of course because we weren't sticking to practicing that one language before moving on we just forgot everything we had learned the moment we started a new language. Eventually in the final year we only had to learn Spanish but it was still only one year of about 2 hours lesson time a week. The curriculum only puts languages in because they want it to seem like we're learning something, but the way they do it basically prevents us from retaining any of the info we learned...
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
16,036
Reactions Received
44,289
Location
the female gaze
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
124
Fandom
luoshifemy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
luo/yunxi
Ship
Ah so that’s why I can’t see books in my head
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,036
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,954
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I don't have one. I have voices , but it isn't self talk and they aren't my voice. :(
I guess when you have so much in your head at once, you don't have no room to spare for an internal monologue.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I certainly do. I am also quite the overthinker and my mind can’t seem to stop.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NASA and Skinnny

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
i always write stories in my head and sentences and long ass thoughts.... some people really can't think????? :taeminface: so weird man.
I think the same things but I visualise my thoughts instead. For example i'm a space nerd so if i'm thinking about theories on how the universe is gonna end i'll picture all the galaxies pulling each other together with gravity until the entire universe is just squished into one singularity, mayhaps to be reborn again in another big bang (my favourite theory ofc). If i'm thinking about talking to someone then i'll visualise the conversation beforehand a bit like i'm watching a drama in my head.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think the same things but I visualise my thoughts instead. For example i'm a space nerd so if i'm thinking about theories on how the universe is gonna end i'll picture all the galaxies pulling each other together with gravity until the entire universe is just squished into one singularity, mayhaps to be reborn again in another big bang (my favourite theory ofc). If i'm thinking about talking to someone then i'll visualise the conversation beforehand a bit like i'm watching a drama in my head.
:jisoosmh::jisoosmh::jisoosmh::jisoosmh: that's how I think too.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NASA

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
But you said yes :jisoosmh::jisoosmh::jisoosmh:

The question is whether u have an internal monologue not whether u think at all :jisoosmh::jisoosmh::jisoosmh::jisoosmh:
it's kinda both... it's difficult to explain
 
  • Haha
Reactions: NASA

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread