Do you have any phobias? (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Yeah ik I meant that phobias to that extreme are caused by trauma. Like an excessive irrational fear caused by trauma.

I wasn't aware that they could be not caused by trauma, but being that you have anxiety, that could also contribute to it? I'm really not sure since my only actual phobia was based off of what my brain took as trauma so you're most likely correct.
It's been a bit since I was in college and learning about abnormal psychology but as far as I can recall a phobia doesn't have to come from trauma but it doesn't mean it can't be caused by a trauma either. I obviously have not been diagnosed with a phobia but my tornado fear and hurricane fear is one of my more extreme ones-and yes I definitely have anxiety issues that contribute to it. No doubt about that-but you may be right.

I mean even just seeing Peachy and Poppy talk about the tornado season and everything in my one thread is putting me on edge even though I know my state is completely fine right now? So I know my fear is pretty irrational given that I'm reacting strongly to something that really does not involve me at all.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Mayday

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
@Lovely_Cornchips Okay I looked it up and you're right :sanapray:

It really bothers me when people just throw around the word "phobia" though because having a phobia is actually really difficult and tiring. It's not just like screaming when you see a spider. :bigcatcry:

1614701984837.png
Oh ok, thanks for the clarification!!!

And I agree, phobias are pretty severe with how they impact people's lives.
 
  • Like
  • Love
Reactions: Mayday and ADORA
Joined
14 April 2020
Messages
1,013
Reactions Received
1,693
Location
Ga Atlanta
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
  • Haha
Reactions: ADORA
Joined
20 November 2018
Messages
65,862
Reactions Received
77,040
Location
Heaven
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
53,448
I have one. I can't see any picture of some kind of animal I won't mention. I have had to face a few pranksters, so I'm not willing to bring any kind of temptation.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ADORA

ADORA

a flower hidden in the dark, wanting to bloom🎐🌷
.
Joined
15 December 2020
Messages
9,254
Reactions Received
18,839
Location
A flower that resembles you🎐🍥
Website
heartsforu2.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,460
Fandom
teume/carat
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I have one. I can't see any picture of some kind of animal I won't mention. I have had to face a few pranksters, so I'm not willing to bring any kind of temptation.
I bet it's a orangutan or a Llama
 
  • Haha
Reactions: Michael
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
1,049
Reactions Received
4,251
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
V.I.P
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Snakes
 
Joined
3 January 2021
Messages
9,062
Reactions Received
8,671
Location
Hugging the brightest star next to the moon
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,302
Fandom
💎Multi🏴‍☠️
Gender
Female, Non-Binary, Other
Pronouns
She/Her
Coulrophobia and Claustrophobia.
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I don’t want to say I have a phobia as I’ve never been told that I do by a professional or anything. But I’m very scared of bugs and fireworks. I help my mom outside a lot and I’m constantly looking for bugs as I do things, if I see one I’ll do everything I can to avoid it. I don’t like going into areas where I know bugs may be in, so a greenhouse, unused areas in the house, my moms shed will also have tons of bugs in it and one time she asked me to go on the ladder to the upper level and as I was getting ready to climb up I noticed so many dead bugs up there and started having a panic attack. :nekosweat: If a bug is in between me and another area I need to get into I refuse to go near it until someone can move the bug away. For fireworks I can’t be around them at all when they are set off or I’ll have a panic attack, any time where I know fireworks will be set off I have to make sure I’m home since nobody in our neighborhood does them thankfully. If I hear them super far away I can handle it, I’ll be tensed up and scared but can usually manage.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ADORA
Joined
14 February 2021
Messages
1,715
Reactions Received
2,962
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
Fireworks are very scary to me too
I don’t want to say I have a phobia as I’ve never been told that I do by a professional or anything. But I’m very scared of bugs and fireworks. I help my mom outside a lot and I’m constantly looking for bugs as I do things, if I see one I’ll do everything I can to avoid it. I don’t like going into areas where I know bugs may be in, so a greenhouse, unused areas in the house, my moms shed will also have tons of bugs in it and one time she asked me to go on the ladder to the upper level and as I was getting ready to climb up I noticed so many dead bugs up there and started having a panic attack. :nekosweat: If a bug is in between me and another area I need to get into I refuse to go near it until someone can move the bug away. For fireworks I can’t be around them at all when they are set off or I’ll have a panic attack, any time where I know fireworks will be set off I have to make sure I’m home since nobody in our neighborhood does them thankfully. If I hear them super far away I can handle it, I’ll be tensed up and scared but can usually manage.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ADORA and Wingfrost
Joined
22 January 2021
Messages
147
Reactions Received
172
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
zoophobia (minus dogs), claustrophobia, acrophobia, fear of the ocean/sea, fear of clowns.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ADORA

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread