do you keep a diary/journal? (1 Viewer)

Joined
17 March 2026
Messages
409
Reactions Received
310
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
4,155
Fandom
🍓
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
i've tried to keep one many times in the past, but historically it's always been very difficult for me to stay consistent :pepelook: i think it's quite fun though! although perhaps not when you rediscover your extremely depressed 16-year-old-self's venting :pepeslippy:
 

Yelena_Belova

#Macaroni_Fiend
.
Joined
22 December 2022
Messages
9,715
Reactions Received
14,086
Location
Avengers Tower
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
6,333
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Nope, can't do it. I always want to be super through with mine, or it feels incomplete. So, I go to write about every single thing that I did or happened to me all day, and it bogs me down and takes forever and is no fun. The closest I came is periodically keeping gratitude journals off and on. Those were a lot less pressure and more fun for me.

With a gratitude journal, every night, you write at least one thing you are thankful for. Some gratitude journals only ask you to list one thing you are thankful for each day, while others ask you to list three things, or even up to five things. The number should stay the same every day though. It can be visiting a friend, getting a gift, helping someone else, getting a tip, finding money, picking up a new hobby, good news you learned, a compliment you got, anything. As long as you are grateful for it, it counts. It has to be something new each day, so you don't become lazy and just say something like "I'm grateful for oxygen" every single day and don't challenge yourself to appreciate the small things in life. Being grateful and appreciative has been linked to health benefits, which is cool.

https://www.uclahealth.org/news/article/health-benefits-gratitude

If regular journaling doesn't work for you, I highly recommend at least trying a gratitude journal, even if it's only briefly. Who knows? It may work for you, like it did for me. Even if it doesn't, you still learned something new.
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,190
Reactions Received
52,519
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
201,747
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I used to but not anymore sadly
 
  • Sad
Reactions: Yelena_Belova

HugeBakkaeMotae

'𝒶𝒹𝒹𝓇𝒶𝒸𝓉𝒾𝓋𝑒' 𝐻𝓌𝒶𝓃𝑔 𝒴𝑒𝒿𝒾
.
Joined
4 January 2026
Messages
1,245
Reactions Received
1,703
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,802
Fandom
Multi Stan
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Konungr
When I was much younger, maybe 12-14 years old I did something incredibly stupid and recorded my deepest thoughts and secrets on a casette tape that I later lost.. To this day I DREAD the day that it is found as it was pretty bad and for all I know it's in someones storage somewhere (definitely not mine). I just pray to god whoever ended up with it threw it out without ever listening to it.

..So yeah, no diaries for me.
 
  • Wow
Reactions: livelocked

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread