Sensitive do you often experience existential dread? (1 Viewer)

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,603
Reactions Received
43,662
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,477
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
[tw: death]

just like the title says. lately there's been a lot of bad news in my country regarding brutal homicides (including a girl my age in the city i live in) and hearing this has driven me to a weird existential crisis that's been going on for a week in my head rn and makes it impossible for me to focus on anything without thinking that my loved ones whom i spend time with everyday will one day leave this world and i don't know when and how this might happen. technically it's a privilege to have such wonderful people around you that imagining a world without them drives you this insane but i wish i could.... you know, not think about my family members dying while we're all sitting and watching a volleyball match. i often hear people say "live each day like it's your last" as a metaphor for enjoying life but that quote makes me feel the opposite because what if it LITERALLY IS your last :jisoosmh:

do you guys often feel like this?? what do you do when it happens??

i tend to keep such things off a kpop forum but given that my irls have their own busy lives and don't really reply to me, here i come - after all i consider KS like a big friend circle even tho we don't technically know other
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka

Belgizen

Doyoung's wifey
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
12,760
Reactions Received
31,598
Location
Doyoung's Bed
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
46,298
Fandom
NCTzen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Tbh I sometimes have this but I think like "will this all be over? Like there be nothing and life just goes on without me ever knowing it?"
Dying really scares me and thinking about it makes me physically sick.
I do think it's a good thing having this, as I like to think that this is the reason why I never acted on my suicidal thoughts.
 
  • Like
Reactions: eclipsoul

pinkmelodies

Jewel ᥫ᭡.
.
Joined
19 April 2024
Messages
22,153
Reactions Received
13,752
Location
2nd Gen Era
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
86,565
Fandom
SONE
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
You're not alone. I've been feeling like this from time to time but try to keep myself busy with school and my hobbies. It was worst last year when my mental health was declining. It is scary to realize anything can happen within a second. However, I always try to stay grateful I'm even alive, healthy, and have family to keep me going
 
  • Love
Reactions: eclipsoul

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,603
Reactions Received
43,662
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,477
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Tbh I sometimes have this but I think like "will this all be over? Like there be nothing and life just goes on without me ever knowing it?"
Dying really scares me and thinking about it makes me physically sick.
I do think it's a good thing having this, as I like to think that this is the reason why I never acted on my suicidal thoughts.
i'm glad you're still with us ❤
i think this way too, most people around me are spiritual and believe in some kind of an afterlife - i never did, which is why this is so hard for me. eternal oblivion is so so scary to me and that damn mark twain quote people use to say that you've been dead before you were born makes it even worse because there's a huge difference between never existing to begin with AND ending your existence forever.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Belgizen

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,603
Reactions Received
43,662
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,477
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
You're not alone. I've been feeling like this from time to time but try to keep myself busy with school and my hobbies. It was worst last year when my mental health was declining. It is scary to realize anything can happen within a second. However, I always try to stay grateful I'm even alive, healthy, and have family to keep me going
i wanted to keep myself busy with my hobbies but none other than being on KS worked and that's how this thread came to life lol

same, i also try to be grateful for everything i have, but with my current mindset it's also a double edged sword because the more i feel grateful about having a family who's my guiding light in this world, the more i realise that if i were to lose any of them i'd be a total wreck to say the least and wouldn't know what to do with myself. still, thank you so much for making me feel less lonely in this :sanapray:
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,400
Reactions Received
151,415
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Ive thought about them in a kind of opposite way when younger. Back when my mental health was really bad it would be less so me thinking about others dying and more so thinking about others reactions to me dying. But I haven’t thought that way for a long time. Even now though I haven’t thought that much about close relatives dying, though very distant relatives sometimes just given the state of the world.
 

StrayMixx

aka Chiara
.
.
Joined
12 September 2020
Messages
40,204
Reactions Received
46,876
Location
in Bang Chan's head
Website
www.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
183,748
Fandom
mainly bg
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Oh, Jules... :izhug: :itsokay:

no, I can't say I've ever felt the same, but my life was at an all time low (a little pun to cheer you up?) last year. I wasn't taking care of myself, my apartment, wasn't going out... my depression and anxiety were eating me alive. I know you're probably sick of hearing this, but just pray. Maybe find a local church to go to - I promise getting closer to Jesus will change your life for the better.
 
  • Love
Reactions: eclipsoul

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread