Do you prefer Anime or Kdramas? (1 Viewer)

which one


  • Total voters
    20

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
It used to be kdramas for me but I just can't dedicate that amount of time to it anymore. It's a big commitment for me since each series is like 20 hours+ with a minimum 20 eps each an hour long. Whereas with anime I can get through them in a day or two without having to sacrifice too much time, this means when I have a lot of shows I wanna watch I can actually get through them. I also really like fantasy and supernatural genres, kdramas can be a little theatrical sometimes which takes me out of the immersion and the effects aren't always as realistic as i'd hope for, whereas with anime it's all already in a style that's far from realistic so I already have a high suspension of disbelief.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I have a difficult time getting into both. I usually prefer my american shows/netflix originals.

I also love british series like Skins, Misfits and Sex Education
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
I have a difficult time getting into both. I usually prefer my american shows/netflix originals.

I also love british series like Skins, Misfits and Sex Education
With those shows I have the same problem as I do with kdramas, but unlike with those shows I don't have favourite actors like I do with kdramas, I sometimes watch a kdrama just cuz it had an actor that I like but the same stan culture isn't really as prevalent outside of k actors I think
 

tai

from the land to the sea 🇵🇸
.
Joined
13 December 2019
Messages
15,368
Reactions Received
19,079
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
7,194
Fandom
#1 🎵taste
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I prefer Kdramas
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
Chinese donghua is the correct answer.

But really... you can't make me choose. :pepecry1:
I agree with you 100% about the suspension of disbelief in anime, and some of the outlandish or exaggerated aspects are part of the charm.
i don't really enjoy "slice of life" K-dramas but other genres instead, like sci-fi. Not all actors are good at acting, but when I find a show that clicks with me, I am entirely immersed emotionally.
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
Tbh neither i mostly watch movies Or Western shows like breaking bad or la casa de apple. But if I had to choose then anime because of attack on titan and Black lagoon. If u like k-drama watch Vagabond it's pretty sick.
I love watching korean movies atm. I have to decide some time to it but only once so it's great for a day off work or something
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Chinese donghua is the correct answer.

But really... you can't make me choose. :pepecry1:
I agree with you 100% about the suspension of disbelief in anime, and some of the outlandish or exaggerated aspects are part of the charm.
i don't really enjoy "slice of life" K-dramas but other genres instead, like sci-fi. Not all actors are good at acting, but when I find a show that clicks with me, I am entirely immersed emotionally.
I have the same problem miri :yolk:

Like it depends on the storyline and plot. But I got into anime first so it will always hold a special place in my heart :maheart:
 

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Kdramas because I enjoy some realistic-looking eye-candy. I love my anime but honestly, it's getting harder for me to write fanfiction about Levi because he is anime and I am real.
 

NASA

3ᑢ273⁷
.
.
Joined
2 July 2019
Messages
4,814
Reactions Received
19,142
Location
3ᑢ 273⁷
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
1,000
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Ship
anime
i really dont understand,,, kpop has so many nice faces why do k actors always look so bad????
There are some kdrama fans that feel the same about kpop, I think the beauty ideals for actors and idols are different so it just depends what you prefer ig
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
There are some kdrama fans that feel the same about kpop, I think the beauty ideals for actors and idols are different so it just depends what you prefer ig
I think the target audience is usually older, unless it's some school or comedy drama
 

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
.
.
.
Joined
11 November 2018
Messages
22,959
Reactions Received
108,834
Location
Kwangya
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
Ship
Kdramas with the forced love triangle, the mandatory mid season breakup, the evil mother in law or the chaebol heir aren't for me at all. I've started atleast 20 shows at different times, but abandoned like 17 of them so yeah.
Animes and 2d waifus forever superior :sj_weary:
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: NASA and yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread