Do you prefer groups that are versatile or stagnant? (1 Viewer)

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I am not talking about versatility with their talents and such but I mean concepts.

Do you prefer groups like Red Velvet/4minute/APRIL/Apink/Nine muses/EXO who typically on a consistent basis change their style, sound and concept?

Or

Do you prefer groups that tend to stick with a pretty consistent sound an style like Gfriend/KARD/Secret?

I know some of the groups I listed did have some concept changes or slight alterations in their sound or style or have a consistent sound despite the concept changes but yeah I'm just curious.

I've figured that I tend to enjoy girl groups and guy groups who change their concepts more frequently than those who remain stagnant and typically with the same concept or sound. I like to be shocked and wowed by something different each time they come back. I think groups like Infinite and Girlsday manage to be versatile same with EXO while still sort of keeping the same style or sound. I mean you hear an Infinite song and you know its them. Same with Girlsday, and same with EXO.
 

mirella

✧✦ soloist akgae ✦✧
.
Joined
9 November 2018
Messages
1,859
Reactions Received
13,182
Location
Pacifika
Website
www.last.fm
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L?
Gender
Female
Ship
Wreck
I typically prefer versatile. I like it when groups switch up their concept and sound—not too often, or it becomes jarring—but enough to keep me constantly interested in their comebacks and their diversity of music. They still retain their own individuality though.

I like groups like Mamamoo, VIXX, EXO, Block B.

I like a few same-sound groups, like Monsta X, Infinite, GFriend. Although they keep the same sound/concept, they gradually evolve and mature over time.
 
Last edited:

lexus

Otaku Bestie
.
.
.
.
Joined
12 September 2018
Messages
66,873
Reactions Received
97,852
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134,940
Fandom
Number One
Gender
Female
Wreck
I like both. Some of my faves have their own unique sound such as, Dreamcatcher. Some of my other faves like to switch it up with each comeback.
 

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
17,947
Reactions Received
38,146
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
16,470
Fandom
inspirit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
Mine is pretty mixed actually. A lot of my faves are versatile (like EXO, RV, BTS) but then some others are stagnant (BP, NCT(units)).
Some of the NCT units maybe but I would argue that NCT U is incredibly versatile, and that's why they switch the members up for that unit constantly so they have the ones who fit the new concept the best. But also NCT127 did Touch.
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
It really depends on the group for me. Some I feel like do really well with a certain concept or sound that I think shows more of their talents whereas I think some other groups do better by showing how versatile they can be. So I tend to enjoy both.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread