Do you prefer to use a blank background when editing or the background already there? (1 Viewer)

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I originally used a blank background then created around it.
But I have learned over my time editing, that one can use the background as a layer or sheet over the stock or render,
to give it an even more original look. I usually do burns or blurs to get the most out of it as a concept.

What do you guys prefer?

Work from nothing or scratch, or just use what's already there?

@Somi @vogue @Saythename17 @Jimmychimchim @kodoku @Chahee @Ahsoka

I leave this question open to anyone that likes to create.
Rather than just only folks that dwell in digital.
 
Last edited:

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I don't really understand what you mean with this....

But I usually start with a black background that I may or may not delete later.
Hmmm I mean to say do you use 'stock' more (like an original image without anything done to it) or just render around an image instead?
I should have not just said background lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Hmmm I mean to say do you use 'stock' more (like an original image without anything done to it) or just render around an image instead?
I should have not just said background lol
Usually I take the idol out of the OG background to add a different one etc
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
Usually I take the idol out of the OG background to add a different one etc
So you render then or extract an image from the background? I used to do that. But it's a pain in the ass because I do it the long and annoying way.
I just build around a stock these days. or keep it blank (little of the time)
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
So you render then or extract an image from the background? I used to do that. But it's a pain in the ass because I do it the long and annoying way.
I just build around a stock these days. or keep it blank (little of the time)
I use this site these days, works like a charm

 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
I use this site these days, works like a charm

Ah I see. I feel like as long as the execution of an edit amounts to the same as a new layer or background.
It doesn't really matter if you extract or not imo.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

maruberry

🌈✨ FREE HUGS ✨🌈
.
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
13,505
Reactions Received
41,701
Location
Estonia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
514
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
He/They
Ship
Wreck
Ah I see. I feel like as long as the execution of an edit amounts to the same as a new layer or background.
It doesn't really matter if you extract or not imo.
It really depends on what you are doing imo

bcs for shiz like this you lowkey need to do that

cuties.png
 

dark_tranquility

YOᑌ ᗪIᗪᑎ'T ᗷᗴTᖇᗩY ᗰᗴ, YOᑌ ᗷᗴTᖇᗩYᗴᗪ YOᑌᖇSᗴᒪᖴ
.
.
Joined
10 September 2019
Messages
62,040
Reactions Received
52,508
Location
Europe and Asia
Website
www.ancestry.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200,975
Fandom
𝔹𝕃𝕀ℕ𝕂
Gender
Male
Pronouns
Eurasian
It really depends on what you are doing imo

bcs for shiz like this you lowkey need to do that

cuties.png
Given that example. Yes yes you do. But I don't do a lot of rendering, even when I was using photoshop still.
And I agree. It depends on what you are doing at the time too.

My twin was the one that did the extracting back in the day.
I just did it a different way to him.

I wouldn't even be interested in digital media if it wasn't for him egging me on.
 
  • Like
Reactions: maruberry

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
.
.
Joined
4 September 2018
Messages
4,702
Reactions Received
16,711
Location
Old Folk's Home
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
5,552
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
It depends on many factors. Such as the concept I may be going for, etc. As a designer for a very long time (years), I don't constrain myself to only one way of doing things. You gotta just play around.
 
  • Like
Reactions: dark_tranquility

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Usually i have a color already set that i want to build around. Like for this
kpsbenner#3.png
I had the background as light blue and built onto it using lighter cool shades.

but for stuff like this

harshvernonsig.png
I use an actual background so that i have the atmosphere and stuff down

So i prefer it blank, but i do do both
 
Joined
10 June 2020
Messages
3,246
Reactions Received
5,771
Location
Loving myself
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
-5
Gender
Female
Ship
I originally used a blank background then created around it.
But I have learned over my time editing, that one can use the background as a layer or sheet over the stock or render,
to give it an even more original look. I usually do burns or blurs to get the most out of it as a concept.

What do you guys prefer?

Work from nothing or scratch, or just use what's already there?

@Somi @vogue @Saythename17 @Jimmychimchim @kodoku @Chahee @Ahsoka

I leave this question open to anyone that likes to create.
Rather than just only folks that dwell in digital.
I start with a blank background
 
  • Love
Reactions: dark_tranquility
Joined
3 July 2020
Messages
5,130
Reactions Received
7,700
Location
From EXO planet
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I originally used a blank background then created around it.
But I have learned over my time editing, that one can use the background as a layer or sheet over the stock or render,
to give it an even more original look. I usually do burns or blurs to get the most out of it as a concept.

What do you guys prefer?

Work from nothing or scratch, or just use what's already there?

@Somi @vogue @Saythename17 @Jimmychimchim @kodoku @Chahee @Ahsoka

I leave this question open to anyone that likes to create.
Rather than just only folks that dwell in digital.
I think it has to be changed according to the picture you are using. I think it good to have a blank bg first
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread