Do you relate to this song? (1 Viewer)

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship



I've been thinkin' 'bout my father lately
The person that he made me
The person I've become
And I've been trying to fill all of this empty
But, fuck, I'm still so empty
Yeah, I could use some love

[Pre-Chorus]
And I've been trying to find a reason to get up
Been trying to find a reason for this stuff
In my bedroom and my closet
The baggage in my heart is still so dark

[Chorus]
Modern loneliness
We're never alone, but always depressed, yeah
Love my friends to death
But I never call and I never text, yeah
La-di-da-di-da
Yeah, you get what you give and you give what you get, so
Modern loneliness
We love to get high, but we don't know how to come down

[Verse 2]
If I could break my DNA to pieces
Rid of all my demons
If I could cleanse my soul
Then I could fill the world with all my problems
But, shit, that wouldn't solve them
So, I'm left here alone

[Pre-Chorus]
And I've been trying to find a reason to get up
I'm trying to find a reason for this stuff
In my bedroom and my closet
The baggage in my heart is still so dark

[Chorus]
Modern loneliness
We're never alone, but always depressed, yeah
Love my friends to death
But I never call and I never text 'em
La-di-da-di-da
Yeah, you get what you give and you give what you get, so
Modern loneliness
We love to get high, but we don't know how to come down

[Post-Chorus]
Down, down, down, down, down
We don't know how to come down
Down, down, down, down, down
We don't know how to come down
Down, down, down, down, down
We don't know how to come down
Down, down, down, down, down
We don't know how to come down

[Chorus]
Modern loneliness
We're never alone, but always depressed, yeah
Love my friends to death
But I never call and I never text 'em
La-di-da-di-da
Yeah, you get what you give and you give what you get, so
Modern loneliness
We love to get high, but we don't know how to come down

[Post-Chorus]
Down, down, down, down, down
We don't know how to come down
Down, down, down, down, down
We don't know how to come down
Down, down, down, down, down (I'm dreamin', I'm dreamin', I'm dreamin')
We don't know how to come down (Please don't wake me up)
Down, down, down, down, down (I'm dreamin', I'm dreamin', I'm dreamin')
We don't know how to come down (Please don't wake me up)

[Outro]
Modern loneliness
We're never alone, but always depressed, yeah

I don't relate to this song at all but so many of the new gen seem to?
How about you? Do you relate?
Also hellllp I can't stop listening to it.​
 
  • Like
Reactions: potato and yeji

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I kinda do
 
  • Like
Reactions: Suzy and potato

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I think I relate to this song a lot, especially in quarantine. Our friends our only a text away from us but as humans we've never felt lonelier. We're all separated more than ever despite being connected more than ever. I think that's what Lauv means by modern loneliness. We all experience it without even realising. I think it's also using distractions to cover up our troubles and worries. There are so many distractions around us - it's easier to try and temporarily forget things. But those distractions are all temporary and they can never sweep away the heavy, emotionless feeling in our hearts; that feeling of loneliness.

The song is also a bop. I love it. I'm adding it to my playlist. :pikahappy:
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Suzy

Suzy

Hua Chen Yu's #1 Martian
.
.
Joined
22 November 2018
Messages
7,026
Reactions Received
27,656
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
EXO-L & My
Gender
Female
Ship
I think I relate to this song a lot, especially in quarantine. Our friends our only a text away from us but as humans we've never felt lonelier. We're all separated more than ever despite being connected more than ever. I think that's what Lauv means by modern loneliness. We all experience it without even realising. I think it's also using distractions to cover up our troubles and worries. There are so many distractions around us - it's easier to try and temporarily forget things. But those distractions are all temporary and they can never sweep away the heavy, emotionless feeling in our hearts; that feeling of loneliness.

The song is also a bop. I love it. I'm adding it to my playlist. :pikahappy:
I think the main reason I don’t relate is because I literally have no friends outside of my family. I have people I talk to at school but that’s literally it, we’re not acquainted outside of uni. so the overall concept just doesn’t apply to me, I guess.
But of course, I get why so many do people relate to it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and potato

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread