Do you stay away from certain genres? (1 Viewer)

Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,782
Reactions Received
6,809
Location
StarlightGalaxy
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I think my anime list is pretty diverse. I watch almost anything from action to high school comedy to fantasy to ecchi or harem to yuri and yaoi. However, I do tend to stay away from mecha. I'm just really not that interested in robots. I would still watch it occasionally though. There are exceptions like Evangelion and Zoids. I love Zoids a lot. I rated Zoids Genesis a 10 :nekolove: It's probably the only mecha franchise I can get by.
 

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I usually ignore harem and ecchi. There is some good anime's that have those, but if the anime is focused to those themes it usually means there will be lot of tropes from annoying characters, annoying relationships between characters, annoying and stupid scenes with boobs and butts.. :pandaannoyed:

I mostly avoid yuri and yaoi, i'm fine with shoujo-ai and shonen-ai, but any raunchier stuff, well I need to be at least mood for that. And usually those tend to be quite bad.

I'm not most interested of mecha's, but several mecha animes leave those in backburner and focus on other stuff like Code Geass so I don't mind. If mecha is one of the genres I usually check what the others are.
 
Joined
2 May 2019
Messages
146
Reactions Received
443
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I dont watch yaoi or yuri. But thats all. Out of every other genre I just pick whatever I like.

Lately I watch mostly animes targering older public or at least without being focused only on "XY was normal high school boy/girl until ... happened".
 

baekk

🌺🌺
.
Joined
18 November 2018
Messages
4,129
Reactions Received
12,479
Location
🌼𝔣𝔩𝔬𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔤𝔞𝔯𝔡𝔢𝔫
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
I don't like mecha either, I think that's the only thing I stay away from :llama_ramen:
Besides that I watch every genre
 
Joined
30 April 2019
Messages
69
Reactions Received
307
Location
𝐼𝓃 𝒪𝓃𝒸𝑒𝓁𝒶𝓃𝒹
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
No yaoi and romance for me but besides that genre I'm good with any
 
Joined
13 April 2019
Messages
389
Reactions Received
821
Location
U.S
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ecchi is the only one I tend to outright avoid, mostly because there's usually absolutely no purpose except to show 18+ clips or implications.

Mecha and harem are not really up there either, but I don't hate them. They just need an interesting story/development, and not be all about "technology's advancement" or "boobs, butts, and no depth", respectively.
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
2,548
Reactions Received
9,068
Location
under these bitches skin
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
i dont know if its rlly a genre but i tend to stay away from animes that are super long. the only animes that ive watched that were long like that were dragon ball z and pokemon but i grew up with those shows... also ecchi cause i dont want to see all that....
 
Joined
19 November 2018
Messages
4,371
Reactions Received
11,118
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
330
Fandom
ReVeluv
Gender
Female
ecchi or harem to yuri and yaoi.
^^^ I avoid these. I am also hit or miss on mecha -- no real reason why, I just... don't often get into them. Also, romance -- it has to grab me immediately for me to get into it. Hell, I'm shocked whenever I get into a romance. I'm your typical action/adventure shounen or slice-of-life lover, for the most part.
 
Joined
21 February 2019
Messages
8,353
Reactions Received
27,110
Location
UK
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
528
Fandom
MY
Gender
Other
I'll watch almost anything although I haven't seen much Anime lately since I don't really have time, I do keep up with One Piece and I watch some Yuri. Yaoi I did watch a bit of but there isn't really that much plot and character development in Yaoi and it's more sexual, certainly more sexual than Yuri and Yuri has more plot, character development, story, etc.
Why do people still say Shounen-ai and Shoujo-ai? They are completely different from Lesbian and Gay romance.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries
Joined
31 May 2019
Messages
411
Reactions Received
895
Location
LOONAVERSE
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
i stay away from harem and ecchi anime since they're usually just filled with pointless fanservice (No Game No Life is overrated, i said what i said). not a big fan of mecha either.
 
  • Like
Reactions: blueberries

blueberries

Fleshy fruit
.
Joined
17 November 2018
Messages
15,240
Reactions Received
46,642
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Isenkai
destroyed the second half of the decade
I don't mind all isekai, but the genre is just so overdone at the moment, i'm tired of it
 
  • Like
Reactions: dlwlrma

Les

Joined
21 May 2019
Messages
470
Reactions Received
984
Location
Miroh
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I haven't watched an anime in ages lol
Mecha and robots, in general, are not my cup of tea.
I loved Code Geass tho

Ecchi and harems are boring most of the times.
Reverse harems are a mess lol Why is the girl always so dumb...smh
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread