Do you think all English kpop songs are inherently worse than all Japanese ones? (1 Viewer)

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
Asking this because I’ve seen people complain whenever a kpop group released and all English song, calling the group a sellout and saying they’re ruining kpop or other overly dramatic statements like that. But I haven’t seen the same about Japanese songs. Is it that people truly think the English songs are inherently worse, or is it more likely that all English songs are newer, and therefore not accepted as much yet?

I think it’s stupid to insult either. Don’t like it, stan another group. It’s that simple :pepeshrug:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Pirioca

athenaaa

Thunder ⚡️
.
.
.
Joined
24 February 2019
Messages
51,083
Reactions Received
72,515
Location
Ahsoka’s Heart 💜
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
147,413
Fandom
ProfessorAthena
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her
Ship
Wreck
Some english songs arent good, some are great. Some Japanese songs arent good, some are great. Some Korean songs arent good, some are great. Music is subjective and they appeal to some sort of audience, if not they wouldn’t release it.
 

owo

the moon guy
.
Top Poster Of Month
Joined
29 December 2022
Messages
55,288
Reactions Received
17,191
Location
neptune
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
337
Fandom
moons
Gender
Non-Binary
Pronouns
he/him
Wreck
what no. the language doesn't change the quality of the song. calling them "sellouts" over an english release would stem from that "western validation" line, wouldnt it. which is so ridiculous, god forbid a group wants to reach wider audiences.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Ahsoka

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
This!

But some people want to complain. Complaining is their hobby. A rather unhealthy one.

That video looks interesting :susPepe: I’ll give it a watch later
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,394
Reactions Received
151,405
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,603
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
what no. the language doesn't change the quality of the song. calling them "sellouts" over an english release would stem from that "western validation" line, wouldnt it. which is so ridiculous, god forbid a group wants to reach wider audiences.
Yeah. Why do these people think Japanese songs exist to begin with? To give people in South Korea who don’t know Korean and only know Japanese a chance to listen? I don’t think so :wimwim:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow
Joined
30 December 2022
Messages
12,457
Reactions Received
9,458
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
76,988
Gender
Male
Yeah. Why do these people think Japanese songs exist to begin with? To give people in South Korea who don’t know Korean and only know Japanese a chance to listen? I don’t think so :wimwim:
K-Pop got more popular internationally and some people seem to be afraid that it could lead to one big 'cultural oatmeal' when idols start singing English songs.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: babyv004 and Ahsoka
Joined
30 December 2022
Messages
12,457
Reactions Received
9,458
Location
Germany
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
76,988
Gender
Male
I usually don’t like Kpop English songs but we know why. Too Americanised to my taste
I prefer Korean K-Pop songs too (like I prefer Japanese songs in J-Pop). But 'americanized' K-Pop could be a general entry into K-Pop for Western listeners. In the past some people told me "Yeah, musically those are great Japanese bands, but I only listen to English songs because I want to understand the music I listen to".
 
Last edited:
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: Ahsoka and Willow

magali

save our souls
.
Joined
18 March 2024
Messages
8,207
Reactions Received
9,882
Location
♰ eden
Website
f5veofficial.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
33,101
Fandom
(╥﹏╥) orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ౨ৎ her
not at all, as @mariokartwii said the language doesn't change if the song is good or bad; ITZY could release Boys Like You in japanese and I still wouldn't listen to it :kannasip: /s
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka and Willow

magali

save our souls
.
Joined
18 March 2024
Messages
8,207
Reactions Received
9,882
Location
♰ eden
Website
f5veofficial.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
33,101
Fandom
(╥﹏╥) orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she ౨ৎ her
not at all, as @mariokartwii said the language doesn't change if the song is good or bad; ITZY could release Boys Like You in japanese and I still wouldn't listen to it :kannasip: /s
but seriously, it just doesnt have anything to do with the language or lyrics for me :susPepe:
 
  • Like
Reactions: Ahsoka and Willow

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread