Do you think it's disrespectful when... (1 Viewer)

Magician

girl in the bubble ☆
.
.
Joined
26 February 2019
Messages
29,345
Reactions Received
36,273
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
66,410
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
... fansites follow around Idols at the airport and take pictures of them when they are going on vacation or fly home (if the Idol is from another country)?
I saw two people on twitter arguing about it, how one said it's not okay to follow Idols at the airport when they are traveling for private matters, while the other user thought it's alright, as long as the fansites are not bothering them.

What is your opinion about it?
 

Walnutt

The #1 Reveluv
.
Joined
26 November 2018
Messages
4,274
Reactions Received
21,574
Location
Wherever Seulgi wants me to be
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
348
I think airports are fine so long as you're respectful and keep your distance. In an ideal world they would be able to have their freedom and travel without constantly being in the public eye, but sadly you can't do that if you go into the entertainment industry.

Buying a ticket, flying with them and stalking their private event is when you're crossing the line.
 

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
I think airports are fine so long as you're respectful and keep your distance. In an ideal world they would be able to have their freedom and travel without constantly being in the public eye, but sadly you can't do that if you go into the entertainment industry.

Buying a ticket, flying with them and stalking their private event is when you're crossing the line.
I agree with this. Stalking them on aeroplanes is going too far (unless you unknowingly get on the same flight ofc) but I think airports are fine if they are not being mobbed. Normally, airports will make a space where celebrities can walk freely but sometimes they don't and the idols literally have to run in/out of the airport and it is very frustrating and sad to watch.
 

Abeamus

.
.
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
74,193
Reactions Received
76,667
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
188,512
Ship
Wreck
I don't think it's right for a business trip or a private trip since either way you are stalking them to get that information.

I would say it's not okay if it's a private trip though because for all you know they could be flying home because one of their family is dying and you're shoving a camera in their face.
 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
there needs to be certain limits. idols are humans too and deserve respect
 

Soogi

radical kyeominist
.
.
Joined
8 November 2018
Messages
16,140
Reactions Received
24,280
Website
kyeomblr.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
200
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she / her
Ship
companies don't/shouldn't share anything regarding personal trips and vacations with the fans, so the way some fansites acquire that kind of information is questionable
 
Last edited:

Les

Joined
21 May 2019
Messages
470
Reactions Received
984
Location
Miroh
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
I don't like how "some fans" know everything and spread informations about idols' locations and plans, ending ruining their vacations.

If they want to send them off as simple fans it should be okay ( but I'm still iffy about them knowing about private schedules that idols didn't share).
I don't think they should bombard them with photos though...is still their private/free time, they aren't working.
Fansites should give them a break and let them travel quietly.
 
Joined
1 June 2019
Messages
46
Reactions Received
182
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Male
I think fans need to chill. So as long as the airport is not mobbed is ok? I don’t think so. Idols give fans a lot of content and opportunities to see them: events, awards shows, ads campaign, tours, fansigs with the group AND alone thanks to endorsements, we have sudden vlives, IG directs... and still we think we deserve more, following them around like they are part of the circus.
And a lot of cases the whole thing is to get a good pic with them to get those rts on twitter... we are putting them thru a lot of stress and uncomfortable situations when they are “out of work” for a selfish reason.
 
Joined
1 March 2019
Messages
6,661
Reactions Received
14,598
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
HoeForUmin
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
I’ve seen tweets from accounts that buy info from flight companies to tell people where idols are flying from/to. It doesn’t sit right with me really. I mean my faves could fly to Leeds Bradford airport (which I’m not far from) but I still wouldn’t go.
 
  • Like
Reactions: cosmicyuno and yeji

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread