Do you think one of the Big 3 will ever debut a co-ed group? (1 Viewer)

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I'm not talking about taking a member from multiple groups that have already debuted, but like an official Co-ed group from SM, YG or JYP?

I really wish they would, it would probably make more companies do the same, I think it would make groups and their music so interesting. Do I think it will actually happen? Probably not since companies like to portray their idols as always available/single and with co-ed groups there's always speculation if members are dating or have dated in the past.

What do you guys think?

KARD gif | K pop, Musica, Kard bm
​
 

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
.
.
Joined
13 November 2018
Messages
36,941
Reactions Received
64,079
Location
You did well Moonbin <3
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi <3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I don't know if I think that they will just because there is such a high potential for financial loss if there is a dating scandal etc whatever reason.

However I do think that they should lean into having more in company co-ed collaborations with established idols. SM has done it before for like the Younique Unit (Hyoyeon being the only girl but still) and I know that a non big 3 group starship did it with monsta x and cosmic girls.
I think an NCT x Red Velvet collab would be interesting, a Blackpink x Ikon/Winner collab, a Stray Kids/Itzy collab or a Twice/Got7 collab. There are so many possibilities and I think it would help promote both groups without putting them together permanently all the time
 

Myco

Ace of Hearts
.
.
.
Joined
4 November 2018
Messages
33,247
Reactions Received
81,309
Location
Beat Interactive
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
13,036
Fandom
Choice
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I think if KARD were much more popular in Korea they'd consider it, maybe the new co-ed group CHECKMATE can push it a bit more? Idk.. but I don't think they will, I still think if they were to debut a co-ed group they would have to be at least 20 years, below that it would be just so awkward since younger male and female idols are already pretty awkward with each other normally
 
Joined
22 February 2019
Messages
5,686
Reactions Received
16,237
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Since there's not much money and popularity in the groups I feel like they won't do it. I think the most we'll ever get in special groups from existing groups
 

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
.
.
Joined
5 November 2018
Messages
23,131
Reactions Received
38,822
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
19,398
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Since there's not much money and popularity in the groups I feel like they won't do it. I think the most we'll ever get in special groups from existing groups
:yolk:

Maybe if I beg enough they'll do it
 
  • Like
  • Haha
Reactions: yeji and QueenB

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
I think sm or jyp could be crazy enough for something like that.

Jyp is focusing on other direction now though, so i think sm would be more probable.

Yg cant manage even non coed groups and soloists, so i think i'll never see that.

Maybe Black Label though?
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Wingfrost

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
.
.
Joined
4 January 2020
Messages
16,598
Reactions Received
31,252
Location
you clouds rain
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
38,410
Fandom
YOLO
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
SM and JYP did a join co-ed group in 2016, Triple T. They were made up of existing singers tho, Jo Kwon, Hyolyn, and Min.
 
  • Like
Reactions: yeji and Wingfrost

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I think sadly we won't be getting more coed's. korea just hasn't enjoyed them since Koyote and Roora
 
  • Like
Reactions: Wingfrost

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread