Sadly I experience that people don't really care about me in real life, except my family, of course... I was always an outcast lone wolf during my school days, so I never was a memberof a friendly group or something similar.
Even now as an adult I live like a hermit actually whithout any real close friends...
This is because most of the people are unable to understand me because I am an introverted person and my mind works on another way and I have different interests, needs and habits...
In the real life I tired of that I always have to adapt to others and that even if I tried to do that people still treat me like a ghost.
In turn, I am quite friendly if someone really want to know me, people just should be patient... Shortly I think that I can show my true self only in the online world which could be strange, but I don't care. People care about me much more in the online world...