do you think stereotypes are ever good? (1 Viewer)

NBW

Joined
21 June 2020
Messages
248
Reactions Received
377
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he/him
i think in terms of u being safe, some are valid. if i go in the metro in Porto and i see a bunch of dudes dressed like typical street guys i just make myself a bit more alert. if i have my girlfriend with me, i might take her purse or put her behind me. on the same note if a guy like that comes and asks me a question, ill gladly answer
the problem imo is when people take it beyond just the aware fact. calling cops on someone based on how they look, without actually seeing anything happen...
but i dont think theres anything wrong with u looking at someone, feeling a bit weird about their vibe and watching out. basically like seeing a pitbull on the street without a leash and just making sure he dont attack u lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Vyuna

tai

from the land to the sea 🇵🇸
.
Joined
13 December 2019
Messages
15,368
Reactions Received
19,079
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
7,194
Fandom
#1 🎵taste
Gender
Male
Pronouns
He/Him
Ship
I don't really think stereotypes are good at all. Most of them are usually rooted in some type of prejudice.. even if you're not consciously aware of it.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NBW and Willow
Joined
27 May 2019
Messages
107
Reactions Received
351
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
11
Fandom
<3
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Yea some are fine I agree
If I'm alone at night I won't get close to random men, might be a stereotype but better to be careful sometimes
 
  • Like
Reactions: NBW and Willow
Joined
16 June 2019
Messages
61,590
Reactions Received
105,389
Location
Schweiz 🇨🇭
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
41,010
Fandom
Buddy
Gender
Female
Pronouns
She/her 💗💛💙
Ship
Wreck
Yea some are fine I agree
If I'm alone at night I won't get close to random men, might be a stereotype but better to be careful sometimes
Agreed
 
  • Like
Reactions: NBW and Vyuna

NBW

Joined
21 June 2020
Messages
248
Reactions Received
377
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he/him
I don't really think stereotypes are good at all. Most of them are usually rooted in some type of prejudice.. even if you're not consciously aware of it.
i agree on that, no denying it. what im saying is some have value for u to be aware. u are not gonna disturb anyone by just being aware imo
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow

NBW

Joined
21 June 2020
Messages
248
Reactions Received
377
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he/him
Yea some are fine I agree
If I'm alone at night I won't get close to random men, might be a stereotype but better to be careful sometimes
not even myself would. depends on the guy ofc, but a guy at night running around is just bad vibes
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow and Vyuna

NBW

Joined
21 June 2020
Messages
248
Reactions Received
377
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he/him
For me personally, yes. I'm a woman who doesn't know anything about cars and I appreciate when the people doing my oil changes/car repair explain things in detail to me.
different type of stereotype that i wasnt thinking of, but ig its useful at times. i love when people stereotype me about not knowing shit, when i actually dont lol
 
  • Like
Reactions: Willow
Joined
6 March 2019
Messages
2,786
Reactions Received
3,813
Location
Italia
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
3,970
Gender
Female
Frankly, they dont bother me much, even if I know the worst stereotypes to ever exist are related to my area. I see that as kind of a first world problem.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NBW

NBW

Joined
21 June 2020
Messages
248
Reactions Received
377
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Multi
Gender
Male
Pronouns
he/him
cant name a single stereotype about mexicans, samoans, or people will bpd that are positive
none of the stereotype thats i am "closest related to" are accurate or positive
Really? Samoans in my mind have nth but good things
 

doll

౨ৎ
.
Joined
19 August 2021
Messages
23,071
Reactions Received
16,322
Location
not active
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
25,801
Really? Samoans in my mind have nth but good things
In yours, but generally, ive only met people who say stuff like "do you like fruit" "do they wear clothes there?" ect. ect, and they make it out to be a 3rd world country when samoa is actually sort of developed, not in metro city type sense but we're not all illiterate and dumb
 
  • Like
Reactions: NBW

eclipsoul

that one friend that's too woke
.
.
Joined
14 October 2019
Messages
25,597
Reactions Received
43,660
Location
too embarassed to show that country here
Website
infiniteorbit.carrd.co
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
40,428
Fandom
Orbit
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
nah, fuck them. one of the main stereotypes about my country is that we're perpetually drunk and it's damn annoying to see people see literal alcoholism as a quirky personality trait and not a serious issue that leads to more serious issues.
 
  • Like
Reactions: NBW

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread