Do you think that Artificial Intelligence will ever take over the world? (1 Viewer)

potato

☆ Stan Yolkie ☆
.
Joined
22 May 2019
Messages
5,913
Reactions Received
28,273
Location
Under the Earth
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Fandom
Moa
Ship
Do you believe that artificial intelligence will take over one day?

Personally, I don't think it will. I feel like we will continue to develop AI to a point which we thought was impossible but I don't think it will progress to the point of world domination. People are scared because AI can 'learn' but they are programmed to learn their respective jobs, nothing outside of it. Unless someone develops a type of AI that is designed to take over the world, I don't see it happening. I think we will grow very close to technology though - closer than we already are. People are already getting implants in their hands and with prosthetic arms and legs, I believe we will come to a point where technology is an essential part of us.

But, who knows what the future holds?​
 
Joined
24 July 2019
Messages
425
Reactions Received
1,206
Location
a galaxy far, far away
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Gender
Female
Ship
i agree w everything you said. we will grow to further rely upon technology and integrate technology into our being and our everyday lives, that in itself is p much inevitable. ai taking over the world though ... that is less likely to occur. but it'd be great if ai was somehow smart enough to make better decisions for our planet than the idiots that are making them right now tbh ouo"
 

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
.
.
.
.
.
.
Joined
27 August 2018
Messages
71,387
Reactions Received
151,400
Location
That user who always changes their Un’s heart <3
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
129,595
Fandom
Lex stan
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
AI cant really ever reach that point, without humans behind the programming AI really cant do anything. Sure there will be robots that are designed for nefarious purposes, but we already have them. At the end of the day robots really arent able to function properly without humans, and I dont think that'll ever change because no one would feel safe about having ai be able to have power over them.
 
Joined
23 June 2019
Messages
1,759
Reactions Received
10,279
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
0
Personally I think it would be more or less humans will become less independent as time goes by. Programming more ai to run ai and thus accidentally creating a self sufficient system. Having watched the dawn of the internet to the dependency on ones celphone I've seen all the people have forgotten. Perfect self driving cars and one day people will forget how to drive vehicles.

How many of us do you think now day in age would survive if technology disappears, think about this in 50 years?

Do I think a rise of ai to over throw man would happen? Probably not. I think it will just be an accidental dependent system of AI that will continue even without man.
 

jasque

Antifragile
.
.
Joined
29 August 2018
Messages
11,564
Reactions Received
42,959
Location
Brasil
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
18,971
Fandom
Chahee Lovers
Gender
Male
I think it will kinda.

Making decisions is too troublesome, most people will leave that to some neo-cortana or siri.

I mean, people already uses google for everything, and they have all our data.

 

yeji

❧@bulletproof is the noora to my eva
.
.
.
Joined
9 October 2018
Messages
50,688
Reactions Received
142,435
Location
loonaverse into the cosmic world & flover garden ღ
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
134
Fandom
arianator
Gender
Female
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I do think that everyone doesn’t realize how far technology still can get. We can’t predict the future but I do think some insane stuff can happen
 
Joined
19 February 2019
Messages
45,041
Reactions Received
52,938
Location
Rosé's World
Website
nowherelandwithmemyselfandi.wat
Cards
View Profile
KS Coins
171,018
Fandom
GoldenStar
Gender
Male
Maybe long after humanity devolves or slides into irrelevance, which I hope will long after now. Or maybe never.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Viewing thread