COME JOIN US!
Get your K-pop fix at KPOPSource.com - the ultimate destination for all things K-pop! From new album releases to concert coverage, our site has it all. Don't miss out on the latest news and updates from your favorite artists, and connect with a community of K-pop fans from around the world.
Register Now

Do you want to get to know people on here personally? (2 Viewers)

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
I don´t know if my question might come off as weird, but it has a very innocent meaning.
I simply want to say: If you start talking to someone on here, do you want to or would you like to know their real name and what they are like in "real life" or are their Internet personas enough for you?

I have always respected people´s privacy, but when I talk to someone on the Internet for longer than let´s say.... a month of solid conversation I am curious about who is behind the screen because I tend to share a lot of myself. And when people are like "hell no, this is not like real" I must admit I take it very childishly and a bit personally l as if they were repulsed to know the ... real me. I know it might come off stupid, so I´m asking what´s the deal here :D.

Ahsoka

⚡️Lightning
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Lex stan
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I do, I view online friendships and relationships as just as real as irl ones, so getting to know what they're like irl as well is something I enjoy learning about them.

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I have trust issues on forums if I'm being honest. I used to be very personable and get to know people real well. I still have people from other forums who I know really well and talk to about personal stuff often but I haven't made friends like that on here that are new. The ones on here who know me like that I knew before this forum.

Yili

Stay • Czennie • Teume • Moodz • One-It • Villain
Reactions Received
Website
flyhighyili.carrd.co
KS Coins
Fandom
Multi <3
Pronouns
she/her
Ship
Wreck
I have trust issues on forums if I'm being honest. I used to be very personable and get to know people real well. I still have people from other forums who I know really well and talk to about personal stuff often but I haven't made friends like that on here that are new. The ones on here who know me like that I knew before this forum.
^

That, plus I have become more private over the years and just prefer to keep my circle small

bulletproof

✧ @karina is the eva to my noora ✧
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Yeah, I exchanged social media accounts with a few people here. And in fact I was really close to meet @NASA irl, we live very close to eachother :sanapray: I would like to meet some of my other friends here too.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
I don´t know if my question might come off as weird, but it has a very innocent meaning.
I simply want to say: If you start talking to someone on here, do you want to or would you like to know their real name and what they are like in "real life" or are their Internet personas enough for you?

I have always respected people´s privacy, but when I talk to someone on the Internet for longer than let´s say.... a month of solid conversation I am curious about who is behind the screen because I tend to share a lot of myself. And when people are like "hell no, this is not like real" I must admit I take it very childishly and a bit personally l as if they were repulsed to know the ... real me. I know it might come off stupid, so I´m asking what´s the deal here :D.
I do, I view online friendships and relationships as just as real as irl ones, so getting to know what they're like irl as well is something I enjoy learning about them.
Yup, same here. When I've been chatting with people for weeks/months I also get interested in how they might be in real life.

Last edited:

daesuki

이 비가 그칠 땐 각자 있던 곳에서
Reactions Received
Website
daesukiii.tumblr.com
KS Coins
Fandom
YOLO
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
To an extent? I suppose its nice to get close to people, but I wouldn't go out of my way to learn everything about them. Though, what I do learn about them is important to me.

However, I'm always wary online as I've had some bad experiences and I don't wish to repeat them. I share about my life, but i never share details that may dox me if that makes sense, haha. I exchange social media with some people because, well, my sm is public and it doesn't make a difference cus if you look hard enough you can find me.

Lovely_Cornchips

Slut for Deep Voices
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
inspirit
Pronouns
Goddess
Ship
Wreck
I will say I am getting better. I talked about my grandma on here but not privately and I also showed someone what I looked like as well without fear. So I'm getting better but I'm not fully there yet.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
thank you everyone who has answered and is going to answer me ♥. I´m really bad at social stuff, so it is important for me to know how to behave if that makes sense ♥

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
STARWOL
i bet some might consider me as a creep perhaps i just realised???
even though i do not look at it that way myself, i think i am just cute being interested and caring
but i tend to ask personal stuff pretty quick
or is asking what do you study , how old are you, where you from not creepy?
i hope so :junweary:

it really saddens me most people you meet online don't give a tiny rats ass to REALLY get to know you
oh wait but that's the same in real life
nevermind :dubuwave::sj_weary::lisalaugh:
( i am very open to meet new people and make new friends because i do not have many :ilovebread: )

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
i bet some might consider me as a creep perhaps i just realised???
even though i do not look at it that way myself, i think i am just cute being interested and caring
but i tend to ask personal stuff pretty quick
or is asking what do you study , how old are you, where you from not creepy?
i hope so :junweary:

it really saddens me most people you meet online don't give a tiny rats ass to REALLY get to know you
oh wait but that's the same in real life
nevermind :dubuwave::sj_weary::lisalaugh:
( i am very open to meet new people and make new friends because i do not have many :ilovebread: )
that´s why we get along so well ♥. I´m a bit surprised about the answers too! I guess I was lucky to meet someone as you so quickly because you already know so much about me :D. others would be weirded out :D. THANKS GOD ♥ and THANKS OURSELVES FOR BEING SO WISE.
AS WE SAY IN THIS LANGUAGE : A CROW SITS TO A CROW :D.

Yachii

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Hackers
I think it'd be nice to meet someone I have been in contact with online for some time; but I don't feel the need to make it happen.

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Yeah, I exchanged social media accounts with a few people here. And in fact I was really close to meet @NASA irl, we live very close to eachother :sanapray: I would like to meet some of my other friends here too.
I remember you mentioning a food IG account once, you wanna share? :jenniesmug:

Abeamus

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Wreck
I'm open to getting to know people better but it's not something I really put myself out there for as I'm satisfied with the friends I got and am good at entertaining myself otherwise

Darkseid

Naevis Calling
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Ship
Not always. It depends.

I know irl names of quite a few users here and vice versa, and while it feels nice, it doesn't always guarantee that being great friends with someone online would translate to the real world. Sometimes pulling back that veil could also ruin what you've already built, so I'm extremely choosy and cautious.

Wicked

Loaded Granny Cane Incoming!
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
ARMY/Multi
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
I would love to meet my friends, especially the ones I have known a while. But idk, I’m afraid my age difference maybe makes it awkward? To an extent? Most of them are in their early to mid 20’s and I’m... ugh. I’m afraid they wouldn’t want to meet an old fart like me. :reallysadcat:

I’m ok just knowing them online I guess, but I still care about them a lot even if I’m busy all the time...

Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
multi BG
I would love to meet my friends, especially the ones I have known a while. But idk, I’m afraid my age difference maybe makes it awkward? To an extent? Most of them are in their early to mid 20’s and I’m... ugh. I’m afraid they wouldn’t want to meet an old fart like me. :reallysadcat:

I’m ok just knowing them online I guess, but I still care about them a lot even if I’m busy all the time...
old fart .... don´t say that!! and why would they worry about that? when I was 16, I met a woman online whose son was my age. How old was she? Maybe 40? NEVER A WEIRD THING between us, she helped me so much through life, we always talked freely and happily and we are friends 14 years later.
your friends are lucky to have you!

Wingfrost

Answer for SOTY
Reactions Received
KS Coins
Fandom
Answer is Queen
Pronouns
She/Her
Ship
Wreck
I don’t mind getting to know someone on a more personal level, I think you can create some really great friendships online. I will say that I’m the kind of person who usually takes a while to open up to others though.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread